Sponsored

Squealing sound when braking?

FordTechOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cobra
So at what mileage do the brembos start to squeal? I'm at 4800 miles and no noise.
They don't "start to squeal" at any mileage. Brake noise is entirely dependent on the conditions under which the vehicle is operated. In other words, temperature, humidity, air quality, driving conditions, etc.
Sponsored

Jose1962

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt 2015
They don't "start to squeal" at any mileage. Brake noise is entirely dependent on the conditions under which the vehicle is operated. In other words, temperature, humidity, air quality, driving conditions, etc.
Have a 2015 gt with pp brembos they squeal under light breaking ami covered on this tsb

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Have a 2015 gt with pp brembos they squeal under light breaking ami covered on this tsb
No, the TSB is for the GT without PP and the Ecoboost with PP ... they both use the same brakes which are not the Brembos.

Jasber

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Ingot Silver
I had the TSB done on my '15 EB, and they're actually starting to squeal again. Grr

Sponsored

watercooled

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
i have a '16 GT Premium PP and my rear brakes squeal incredibly loud. I have replaced the rear pads and rotors and had the dealer lube and torque everything including the parking brake cable and still it sounds like i am braking without pads. this is my very first and absolute last Ford since this it is probably made in mexico like every other "american" car

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
i have a '16 GT Premium PP and my rear brakes squeal incredibly loud. I have replaced the rear pads and rotors and had the dealer lube and torque everything including the parking brake cable and still it sounds like i am braking without pads. this is my very first and absolute last Ford since this it is probably made in mexico like every other "american" car
Well, first, your car was built in Flat Rock, MI along with all other Mustangs, so you can't blame this on NAFTA. But if your dealer won't get interested, you should either try another dealer or contact Ford Service on this forum. They have helped a lot of people on here, including me, with getting issues resolved. Good luck. Except for the GT PP Brembos (fronts) your brakes shouldn't be making any noise.

Celestias

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessica
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium (Silver Ingot)
Mine used to squeal when I first bought it (2015 GT Premium) - After a couple of tries at the dealer I got new pads/rotors and it went away. Just recently however, I've noticed the very occasional squeal under certain braking pressure when they are cold. This has happened maybe less than 3 times since I got this fixed a year ago so I'm not sure it's really back yet but i'm keeping an eye on it, used to be really really common. Hope you get it fixed!

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
This happens on my '17 GT350. Very embarrassing although it may be considered normal.

TheWal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
s197
Well, first, your car was built in Flat Rock, MI along with all other Mustangs, so you can't blame this on NAFTA. But if your dealer won't get interested, you should either try another dealer or contact Ford Service on this forum. They have helped a lot of people on here, including me, with getting issues resolved. Good luck. Except for the GT PP Brembos (fronts) your brakes shouldn't be making any noise.
Wait its only supposed to squeal from the front?

I brought my car in and asked them about it because mine squeals from the rear.

They told me its perf pack brembos its normal.

This may be a dumb question but if you get the brembos, isnt the brembos only in the front? Or is it in the back also?

Mine back passenger side brake squeals almost every time.

Sponsored

SfSerge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Evolution: 2015 Mustang Perf Prem
so the guys with the GT PP are kinda screwed, cause my car sequels like a train pulling into the station during traffic.

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
My neighbors can hear me a block away from the squealing. Nevermind the exhaust.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Wait its only supposed to squeal from the front?

I brought my car in and asked them about it because mine squeals from the rear.

They told me its perf pack brembos its normal.

This may be a dumb question but if you get the brembos, isnt the brembos only in the front? Or is it in the back also?

Mine back passenger side brake squeals almost every time.
Not sure, but the rear pads on the PP might be a different compound. Someone who had access to Ford part numbers would have to compare the rear pad part numbers and see if they are the same or different.

mustangtaxman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
T
Vehicle(s)
2017 86
Not sure, but the rear pads on the PP might be a different compound. Someone who had access to Ford part numbers would have to compare the rear pad part numbers and see if they are the same or different.
my rear passenger side squeals like crazy as well

Gurjit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium performance pack
ever drive a 150,000$ M6 with the 8500$ carbon ceramic brake package?
they squeak until they are warm, just like my Bimbos on my 16 Prem. PP in cold weather

I was able to get mine to stop squealing by doing some hardcore braking to bed the brakes in again, after driving like a granny in less than 5*C weather for January and December
Sponsored