Sponsored

Spotted on ebay. RHD aswell

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT, GR Yaris, SWB Defender, Harley.
Build your own better faster and cheaper not a cat in hells chance it's anywhere near 800 bhp and they cut the k brace
Shocking......
100% agree..Any way, now the great man has passed is it really a "Shelby" anyway?

twold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 mustang fastback
Build your own better faster and cheaper not a cat in hells chance it's anywhere near 800 bhp and they cut the k brace
Shocking......
I'm totally with you 666mac and my K brace was also cut!!(not by Bill Shepherd though)

Sponsored

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT, GR Yaris, SWB Defender, Harley.
Henry Ford died a long time ago, but my Mustang is still a Ford ;)
This is exactly the kind of response I thought I'd receive here. However, the point has been missed.

Henry Ford established mass production of motor cars and has been replicated by many industries all over the world. His factories built aircraft throughout WW2 and he was the first to establish a true production line.

Carroll Shelby built race cars from production cars and was a pioneer in this field, so good at it that Ford commissioned him on the GT40 project.

The car currently for sale in this thread is built in the UK by UK mechanics using bolt on parts bought from the USA. It is not a Shelby!!

It's like me going out and buying an AC Ace and bolting in a 427 and calling it a Shelby Cobra. It's not and never will be because it wasn't built by a company run by Carroll Shelby.

twold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 mustang fastback
This is exactly the kind of response I thought I'd receive here. However, the point has been missed.

Henry Ford established mass production of motor cars and has been replicated by many industries all over the world. His factories built aircraft throughout WW2 and he was the first to establish a true production line.

Carroll Shelby built race cars from production cars and was a pioneer in this field, so good at it that Ford commissioned him on the GT40 project.

The car currently for sale in this thread is built in the UK by UK mechanics using bolt on parts bought from the USA. It is not a Shelby!!

It's like me going out and buying an AC Ace and bolting in a 427 and calling it a Shelby Cobra. It's not and never will be because it wasn't built by a company run by Carroll Shelby.
:clap2:

christianUK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Vehicle(s)
GT auto
I've done the oil cooler mod. It's not a small task. Hardware is about £500 and its a day to fit it with Mike, so yes. You are looking at about a grand investment all in. Plus it's not easy for him as there are a couple of parts they don't send for it and he has to fabricate them. I did oil pump gears at the same time and eliminated the two weak points in the engine.

christianUK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Vehicle(s)
GT auto
MMR

Sponsored

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
100% agree..Any way, now the great man has passed is it really a "Shelby" anyway?
I dont know, are they realy Fords since Henry Ford passed?
Sponsored