Sponsored

Sport vs Sport+

MagGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Auto
Hey so I had a question. I have the auto gt and have been playing with it for a bout a week. Now when i put it in Sport mode (S) on the shifter, it makes the car rev higher and change gears later. also when i put it in D and and toggle the Sport+, it feels like it does the same thing?

So if I put it on Sport and Sport+, does that make any difference? Other than controlling the shifts with the paddles.

Does sport+ really increase the throttle response?
Sponsored

opensesame

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Oxford Ecobeast with PP
If I am not mistaken, putting it in Sport with the shifter allows to to manually select gears via paddle shifters and higher rev. Putting it in Sport+ allows automatic shifting with higher rev. I could be wrong, can someone confirm this?

OP
OP

MagGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Auto
You're right it does but when you put it in sport it is still fully automatic until you hit the paddles

so in effect Sport mode and Sport+ in D are the same thing is what I mean

AJofEarth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Magnetic
I mean there has to be some difference, because you can switch between sport, sport+ and track while in S mode.

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
Sport+ selects Sport transmission mode and plays with throttle response, or so I hear. They drive pretty similarly as far as I can tell.

Sponsored

unintelligible

V1, VR, Gear Up!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT Premium
Sport+ selects Sport transmission mode and plays with throttle response, or so I hear. They drive pretty similarly as far as I can tell.
From what I can tell it's this. It sharpens throttle response and will force the steering into "sport" weighting. I don't think the loosening of ESP limits occur until you hit Track mode.

EngineerDave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, 401A + Extras, 98 F-250LD
From what I can tell it's this. It sharpens throttle response and will force the steering into "sport" weighting. I don't think the loosening of ESP limits occur until you hit Track mode.
Sport+ I believe does change a bit of the ESC/Traction control (at least one of those.) In normal drive in a good bend I can feel the ESC/Traction kicking in and taking a bit of power from the car, where as in Sport+ Gunning it at a light will give you some tire squeal, and will allow me to slide the backend just a bit in a good corner without taking over completely. It's very posed and easy to control, which I suspect if I did that in track mode I'd be full on sideways.
Sponsored