JetGray_Mach1

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
I suspect that this will never pass. If they're limiting your speed, how could they ever write speeding tickets? It may put a revenue stream at risk.

But, this is the direction that all of the new tech is heading. Disconnect that modem!

:)
Yep most likely not, they already passed the speed cameras in LA. Maybe instead they should pass a bill that avoids camping in the fast lane as so many people do that causes accidents. LOL.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I wonder if the bill passes whether all cars produced in the US would get the same "feature"?

The car manufacturers already do this for emissions.

And no one really needs to go more than 10 mph over the speed limit. Right?

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
The bright side is it may get rid of the pesky speed cameras, then us hot rodders will defeat the speed limiter..........

It will cause more accidents due to some cars going 1/2 to 2 MPH faster then others, and it taking 7 miles to pass.

Ramairetransam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 s550
i hope not asshole NY will be next . I don't like how Europe is doing it come July of this year. lovely.

GrayMater22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT Premium
OP
OP
JetGray_Mach1

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
Hate to say it…but if this passes in CA, it won’t stay just in CA 🤪
Kudos to you, you have been to so many states! Which is your favorite? I am assuming TX?

1706296602033.png

Sponsored

First Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Mach1
I think it can pass if they can use it as evidence that you went over the speed limit. Imagine all the new revenue.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Hello; Good comments so far. Lots of ways this can go wrong to be sure. K4fxd's comment made me thing of merging onto an interstate.
This is one more idea off a laundry list of bad ideas targeted at our current lifestyle. At one point i would have figured no way can this become law anywhere. Now i am not so sure. The laundry list will grow .

For those who fancy the idea of self driving vehicles my guess being the computer systems in them will be limited to the speed limit. I do not see how programing can be done any other way. The liability would be huge if it is done any other way

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
Kudos to you, you have been to so many states! Which is your favorite? I am assuming TX?
lol, well it ain’t that easy…the first two moves were in my “piss off” phase of life, the next four were for the military, and the last ones have been chasing pilot jobs. I actually hate moving, but corporate aviation requires you either take the local job or relocate 😂

As far as favorite, that’s almost impossible as I have fond memories of all of them…Texas works well because it’s kind of central to lots of aircraft. My salaried job is SoCal based, but I contract out on jets from Portland to Lauderdale and all points in between 😬

OP
OP
JetGray_Mach1

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
lol, well it ain’t that easy…the first two moves were in my “piss off” phase of life, the next four were for the military, and the last ones have been chasing pilot jobs. I actually hate moving, but corporate aviation requires you either take the local job or relocate 😂

As far as favorite, that’s almost impossible as I have fond memories of all of them…Texas works well because it’s kind of central to lots of aircraft. My salaried job is SoCal based, but I contract out on jets from Portland to Lauderdale and all points in between 😬
Lol Awesome