Sponsored

Spacers

bobpies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang | V8 | Grabber Blue
Once you have the hubs off do the studs come out fairly easily? I can find an old nut that fits and I have a copper mallet, but I don't have access to a bench press.
i watched a few videos on youtube of the studs being removed - looks to be about 4-5 pretty hard wacks with a hammer on each bolt. :headbonk:

if i fuck up the grinding - then that's what i'm gonna have to resort to anyway lol
Sponsored

bobpies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang | V8 | Grabber Blue
So I put the 20mm on the back and 25 up front - and some rock guards up there too.

Took me all afternoon to fit and trim the studs - partly because it was my first outing with an angle grinder and it took a bit of getting used to.

Also weren't lying about the tolerances on the back of the wheels. My right wheel had 8mm clearance and my left had over 9.

Trimmed the studs by 5mm all round. They suck out 11mm so by my calculations they should all be about 6mm -7mm out or so.

Had to use a brick on the brake so I could tighten up the front ones but all good

Torqued everything to 120 lb ft. - (is that ok?) Looks great!

Glad ultimately I went with the 20s on the rear as they are right on the limit. Anymore would definitely be poking out. In fact they poke already by like a whisker, maybe half a mm.

Here is a quick pic of the flushness of the 20mm on the rear
File-Mar-19,-10-25-02-PM.jpg

Last edited: