OP
OP
JaybeM5

JaybeM5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, F10 M5
Coming from a track background and having seen spacers break before……I’d rather longer studs anchored the wheels by the steel hubs and not just an Ali spacer, it’s also another set of bolts and mating surfaces. It’s probably just me being cautious but I don’t want to find out the hard way lol

Not too bad to fit, fronts are easy but the rear hubs need to come off as there isn’t room to even get the originals out.
I get it but I would have thought longer studs would be easier to bend than 2 sets of shorter ones but maybe not. Maybe adding another set of bolts is adding another fail point. I suppose pros and cons to both.
Are you in springs or coilovers ? It sits nice
Sponsored

MarkM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
I get it but I would have thought longer studs would be easier to bend than 2 sets of shorter ones but maybe not. Maybe adding another set of bolts is adding another fail point. I suppose pros and cons to both.
Are you in springs or coilovers ? It sits nice
They can’t bend though, hub centric spacers keep the wheel located and torqued to factory spec.

It’s on Ford supplied Eibach springs, I’m too poor for coil overs lol

IMG_6750.jpeg

OP
OP
JaybeM5

JaybeM5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, F10 M5
They can’t bend though, hub centric spacers keep the wheel located and torqued to factory spec.

It’s on Ford supplied Eibach springs, I’m too poor for coil overs lol

IMG_6750.jpeg
They are bloody expensive I think I’ll be getting the springs for now and maybe down the line I’ll think about the coilovers. Did you do the longer studs yourself ? Being from a track background I take it you did ?

MarkM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
JaybeM5

JaybeM5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, F10 M5
Yes I do as much as I can.

I bought the springs from the eBay Ford store

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/39333186...J0yzjSZTy2&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY
Pity they don’t ship to Southern Ireland. I could try Ford here but I could guarantee they won’t be able to get them. Another job to do spray the calipers red 😀 The list is getting longer !! Just after getting a whole new front end. I know you don’t like the GT500 front on a GT but it just looks so good in my eyes and had to have it. 🙈

Sponsored

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I had 25mm spacers all round with the stock wheels. It looked very aggressive but it did increase the chips down the doors. The max torque rating of the Eibach spacers I had were also less than the recommended torque of the wheel nuts. I did eventually get 20" wheels with a 50mm offset, so I no longer needed them.

OP
OP
JaybeM5

JaybeM5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, F10 M5
I had 25mm spacers all round with the stock wheels. It looked very aggressive but it did increase the chips down the doors. The max torque rating of the Eibach spacers I had were also less than the recommended torque of the wheel nuts. I did eventually get 20" wheels with a 50mm offset, so I no longer needed them.
I might go with 15mm on the back and 20 or 23mm on the front. I may just book it in to change the studs on the back.
25mm must stick out a lot on the back ? Any pictures or your with the 25 on ? Mind you id sure there’s endless pics on here of them most people seem to go with 25mm all over.

Sponsored

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
25mm must stick out a lot on the back ? Any pictures or your with the 25 on ? Mind you id sure there’s endless pics on here of them most people seem to go with 25mm all over.
I'm currently trying to recover the data from the storage all my photos were on 😭

This is from my M6G garage

wp_20170826_19_54_17_pro_highres-jpg.jpg

OP
OP
JaybeM5

JaybeM5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, F10 M5
I'm currently trying to recover the data from the storage all my photos were on 😭

This is from my M6G garage

wp_20170826_19_54_17_pro_highres-jpg.jpg
In fairness that looks good but I think I’ll go with the 15 on the back and 23 on the front. Thanks for the photo.

chillo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, BMW 840d, Ferrari F430 spider, Ducati!
Mustang lowered 2.jpeg

No spacers on mine, just 11" rear (325/30 tyre) and 10" front (285/35 tyre) with Steeda progressive springs.

chillo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, BMW 840d, Ferrari F430 spider, Ducati!