Sponsored

Sound System Issue

Scoot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Anniversary Mustang
The rear speakers on my sound system are noticeably quieter than the front -- even with the All Seats option selected. So, if I have the fade set equally between front and rear, I hear the front speakers at a certain loudness -- let's say 6. Then, as I move the fade to rear, the volume on the front speakers decreases, but so does the volume on the rear speakers -- to like 3 or 4. I'm thinking this is a problem. Is anyone else experiencing this same effect?
Sponsored

y2ksilverbullit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 GT 5M, 2001 DHG Bullitt, 2015 GT 50 YR LE A6
Is this when driving? Maybe auto volume control is effecting it...??

sandpiper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
No the back speakers are worthless. People have been complaining about them in the infotainment section. Several members have swapped out just the rears with decent speakers and said it has made a big improvement.

Sponsored

Husker

Just The Basic Facts
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
F-150
The rear speakers on my sound system are noticeably quieter than the front -- even with the All Seats option selected. So, if I have the fade set equally between front and rear, I hear the front speakers at a certain loudness -- let's say 6. Then, as I move the fade to rear, the volume on the front speakers decreases, but so does the volume on the rear speakers -- to like 3 or 4. I'm thinking this is a problem. Is anyone else experiencing this same effect?
I don't have your problem.

Try an SPL to confirm the fade issue...If you don't have one, download a free App...This one is good enough for simple testing, it's also available in android version-->SPL APP

Do it with a CD and make sure you test the same passage and don't move the SPL as you test.

pctek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium DIB 401A
I have a GT Premium with the Shaker Pro system and have noticed the same weak rear speaker issue. Very frustrating to have paid for a 12-speaker system and can only hear the 6 up front.

Husker

Just The Basic Facts
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
F-150
I have a GT Premium with the Shaker Pro system and have noticed the same weak rear speaker issue. Very frustrating to have paid for a 12-speaker system and can only hear the 6 up front.
I wonder if the gain control is accessible on the amplifier for the rear speakers usually replacing speakers does not solve an imbalance.

sandpiper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
I wonder if the gain control is accessible on the amplifier for the rear speakers usually replacing speakers does not solve an imbalance.
True, but a speaker with a higher sensitivity (db) will get more volume from the same signal.

Husker

Just The Basic Facts
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
F-150
True, but a speaker with a higher sensitivity (db) will get more volume from the same signal.
Which is why I said "usually"-->:cheers:

Most people don't have a clue when it comes to, sensitivity/efficiency or any of the other important specification's, when shopping for speakers-->:shrug:

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2015 WW-50th LE Auto-0745-Grandé
Is This Our Song?

My Nephew. Not an LE, but seems appropriate.
image.jpeg
Sponsored