Sponsored

So what did your Dealer give you when you purchased your new S550?

The Problem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Full gas tank, they got it detailed and gave me a 2016 registration sticker that goes on the plate here in FL.

The car was not certified pre owned. Had exactly 5k miles, was dealer owned. They got the car certified pre owned by Ford. Guy told me he had to move mountains to get that car cert. pre owned because the car was so new.

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO

Rob00GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT Ragtop
11 months after my purchase I got that same Shelby poster just for stopping by.

d11gnccer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 race red ecoboost
Out the door in under an hour for $900 less than MSRP with zero down and 0% for 72. I had planned on buying cash next year for my 30th birthday but had an itch to buy sooner and decided to keep the money invested.

They didn't wash it as requested and no dealer sticker either!
As I was signing papers I watched a young guy take the same rag from the wheels to windows to paint on a $55,000 f150 and I cringed. Salesman could tell I was picky and he filled it up with gas and dressed the tires himself to make sure it didn't get ran through the auto wash.

Sponsored

Zombie nation

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
$5k under msrp
All season floor mats
Delivery from VA to NJ

SynisterGT

Kooks + Corsa FTW!!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP Mag/Redline
GT350 poster and a free oil change.

Sponsored

CEHollier

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Magnetic
Vehicle Showcase
$5K off sticker and 0% for 72months.

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
Not sure, I signed..grabbed keys and left in the new car as fast as I could.

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
Nothing, but they delivered it to my house which was pretty nice, otherwise I would have had to pack up the family to drive 3 hours to get it. Not 100% thrilled that someone random got to drive it so far before I ever took ownership, but beggars can't be choosers I guess, lol
Same here. I got free delivery. It was driven from a dealership over 3 hours away. Couple of older men pulled up in my driveway with 200 milies on the odometer. One driving my gt and the other following in a return vehicle. .I was ok with that except for the temp tags being dated for only a few weeks use

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
I think it's more accurate to say it's built into the overhead of operating the dealership. And, I am fairly certain every dealership does it. Right now, at most, we're talking ~30 per vehicle (a little more for larger SUVs and Trucks). Not insignificant, but also not a deal killer for most people.

You could argue I paid for that "free tint" too, and any of the other niceties like keychains that others got. Some of the items (like gas and keychains) are built into the general operating costs and overhead; Some things like the tint may just be eaten by the dealership for those that complain, or we just didn't get as much of MSRP as we may have otherwise.

Dealerships, as you rightfully point out, aren't going to lose money - it's all in the accounting of where it is paid for: either a direct customer cost, or built into the minimum GPM a dealership is willing to take on average and line item as an expense of operating.
I was just pointing out that it is a $40 line item on the invoice, like the advertising fee and destination charge. My salesman asked my permission to put 4 more miles on my car to get it gassed up down the street.

I like my dealer, but they go for every last dollar. Even some state-authorized $1.25 fee per tire, so that's $5 including my spare. They barely matched competitor's quotes, but finally caved when I twisted their arm for the last $125 doc fee. (I was facing job loss at the time when my car arrived.)

Other than that, I got a $10 first oil change coupon. This must be what Charlie Brown feels like.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
lies, married men don't get laid...us married men know this...

lol jk
I know...You're right. I was only wishing:D:lol:
Sponsored