Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350
Update:

I am continuing to get bent over. What else is to be expected..:frusty:

Ford has told all 3 of my local dealer not to work on my car because I have filed legal action. This is equivalent to denying warranty aka breach of warranty. If ford is not going to warranty my engine then how can they prevent independently owned dealers from working on the car? They previously stated they couldn't force a dealer to do something for me but now advising the dealers to let the legal case work itself out. So now nothing will be done and I am 100% reliant on my attorney to work this problem out. I might add that my lawyer was a former Ford corp. attorney who now owns his own private practice so I know what needs to get done will get done.

The car was towed to my house purely for the fact the dealer wants to muddy the water and may later say the car was tampered with since it was returned to my possession and custody chain broken. The dealer also advised me to add oil and try to drive the car since I have it back which is horrible advice. I should just forget all that has happened? simply amazing how dealers think. No points awarded for effort but odd they think they're so smart and everyones else is a halfwit. Giving advice for someone to shoot themselves in foot is just vicious and savage. However my lawyer beat them to the punch and an independent inspector already examined the car for my attorney while still at the dealers lot and possesion adding that also Ford's own field tech came out and pointed the finger back at the dealer while they still had the car. So I think in the end the dealer will owe me an engine but that will have to be worked out. A demand letter is being sent and we'll have to wait for a response. Oddly enough the dealer pointing a finger back at ford said they didn't know about the recall on filters coming loose and no tools or special equipment has been advised or supplied. They saw the oil filter wrench for the first time when I showed them it in the kit box with the letter. I find this as 1st hand admission yet they would never agree to that if pressed.

The dealer was so cordial and professional that they wished me well by advising I never return back there and they would do no future work for me. They also gave me a parting gift as if my bumper being damaged wasn't enough now my door and mirror was hit on the lot. Mind you my car is immobilized with the blown motor and they stuck it in the corner in between 2 spots so nobody would further damage it after the bumper damage. I did get a promissory note to repair the body damage that I struggled to get an actual signature on so it didn't look made up.

I guess the mechanic who parked the huge box truck thought it was more special than my Shelby and took it upon hisself to take up 2 spots including all the room save 1 inch of the passenger side of my car. So yea! awesome parting gift more damage to my car. Also my passenger door was left open at some point so now the top part of my door panel is faded and battery completely dead. The side part of the front seat is also now showing fade. The only plus from this is the Texas sun and heat warmed my bumper and the sucker punch dent popped out leaving only the paint damage and broken mounting tabs on the bumper to resolve. I am also upset it sat unlocked on the lot the entire time. Who knows how many people violated the sanctity of my Shelby there was no plastic seat covers placed or paper floor mats. Point of all this is to thoroughly investigate your dealers reputation before bringing your car to them. Also don't expect the car to be returned in the same condition take pictures and have your svc rep also take many many pictures.
Screen Shot 2017-09-14 at 2.53.50 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-09-14 at 2.53.08 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-09-14 at 3.40.08 AM.png

Lexluther

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350
I don't know how you handle all of that.....I'd be in jail I think!

Life's problems all but disappear when you stop giving fk's. Seriously I am all out, I had one once but poof just like that it was gone :shrug: just like the engine in the Shelby :headbonk:

Sometimes life gives and sometimes life takes away you just have to deal with it and wait for it to come back around. True story.. :thumbsup:

Sponsored

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
Sorry to read about this Lex. I hope the litigation goes your way and you find another vehicle to wipe this stain off your car enthusiast experience.

1966 Sunbeam Tiger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Aston Martin Vantage
Man O man,

Sorry for your troubles. So, looking back to day one, what would you have done different? Oil catch can??

el_june

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT 350
Wow, what a crazy ordeal; sorry for all you are going through.. I hope you get a speedy and fair resolution to your problems.

OP
OP
Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Tech Pack #G5531 Avalanche Grey
Jesus Lex thats horrible, I honestly dont know what I would do if I was in your shoes man. Christ people do not have any respect for other people products now.

Sponsored

ford20

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 HE On Order / 2012 Boss 302 Laguna Seca
I am also upset it sat unlocked on the lot the entire time. Who knows how many people violated the sanctity of my Shelby there was no plastic seat covers placed or paper floor mats.
Besides the obvious issues with the dealership ..... Did what not? Violated sanctity?

mustang1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
The dealer was so cordial and professional that they wished me well by advising I never return back there and they would do no future work for me. They also gave me a parting gift as if my bumper being damaged wasn't enough now my door and mirror was hit on the lot. Mind you my car is immobilized with the blown motor and they stuck it in the corner in between 2 spots so nobody would further damage it after the bumper damage. I did get a promissory note to repair the body damage that I struggled to get an actual signature on so it didn't look made up.

I guess the mechanic who parked the huge box truck thought it was more special than my Shelby and took it upon hisself to take up 2 spots including all the room save 1 inch of the passenger side of my car. So yea! awesome parting gift more damage to my car. Also my passenger door was left open at some point so now the top part of my door panel is faded and battery completely dead. The side part of the front seat is also now showing fade. The only plus from this is the Texas sun and heat warmed my bumper and the sucker punch dent popped out leaving only the paint damage and broken mounting tabs on the bumper to resolve. I am also upset it sat unlocked on the lot the entire time. Who knows how many people violated the sanctity of my Shelby there was no plastic seat covers placed or paper floor mats. Point of all this is to thoroughly investigate your dealers reputation before bringing your car to them. Also don't expect the car to be returned in the same condition take pictures and have your svc rep also take many many pictures.
Those are heavy duty door dings, denting the metal.

How long does it take leaving the door open to visibly fade the door panel and seat ?

This car should be its own thread.

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
Bloody hell man...I applaud your resolve. They are obvious in what they are trying to do here. Man I would not be taking this so well....I would already be back to my old ways....

Which would not be good for anyone........wow

FogcitySF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW E90 M3 | GT350R | Porsche 911 GT3 RS (991)
Agree, I am curious as to what happens with replaced engines. Sounds like on new replaced engines the block may not match the VIN.

The engine is marked with the last 8 digits of the VIN. It is engraved on a pad on the block and is readily visible with the front, drivers side wheel removed. I notice it when I swapped my wheels. As I recall, mine was something like G5*25005

I was wondering when they add this number. Does anyone here know? I would think it is close to the time just prior to marrying the engine with the chassis.