Sponsored

SLP loudmouth II

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic metallic, 6 speed performance package
Just installed slp lm2 on my 2016 gt and want to delete the res. not sure which rout to go? H pipe or X pipe, my concern is that the exhaust will be too deep with the H and I don't want that hallow rasp from a x. Any i dea which would sound better?
Sponsored

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
No idea, but I have the same setup, but with the H-pipe. I love the sound. It screams at WOT.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is the tone too deep being the lm2 is more tame than the roush as is? I'm looking for that traditional muscle car sound that's why I was thinking about the H pipe. Also any drone?

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not the greatest video, as I had my watertight case on the gopro, therefore it is very muffled. I do think that this combo gives it a more classic MUSTANG sound. Turn your volume UP!

[ame]

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah I think I've seen that video on YouTube, I've watched a lot and videos don't do justice lol, I guess I'll just pulle the trigger on the H pipe.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hard to tell but does it sound in person getting up in the rpms? Ive heard se mustangs that sound kind of hallow and like a tin sound.

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It sounds very loud and "muscle car" deep in person when winding it out. At idle and cruise it sounds a little louder than my 2014 GT500 with stock exhaust, which for a stock system sounded really good and throaty.

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
I have LM2 with front muffler. I just ordered an Xpipe to increase the upper frequency tone. I decided against an Hpipe because I think the LM2 sounds good down low, but sounds a little muffled up high.

[MENTION=26433]Magnetic16GTPP[/MENTION], PM me for more details.

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have LM2 with front muffler. I just ordered an Xpipe to increase the upper frequency tone. I decided against an Hpipe because I think the LM2 sounds good down low, but sounds a little muffled up high.

[MENTION=26433]Magnetic16GTPP[/MENTION], PM me for more details.

The front muffler is more likely than not what is killing the sound up top. But keep us posted on your thoughts with the X-pipe. I've owned 4 mustangs with DOHC engines, and I've not one ever had an X-pipe. I've just never been a fan of the upper limit rasp they are known for.