Sponsored

SiriusXM Fully Integrated Kit by VAIS

Mattwood440

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Base, Performance Package
I was thinking of pulling the trigger on this thing.

http://www.vaistech.com/site/gsr.php

Looks almost too good to be true. Application guide says it works for the 2015 with SYNC and USB and keeps the steering wheel controls. We need the GSR-041.

Right now I have the Sirius Stratus vehicle kit which looks like crap and has a whopping 10 presets. This would be a definite step up if it works as advertised.

BTW I have my antenna on my rear shelf and it works great so no external antenna needed. I'll take a pic.

Thoughts?
Sponsored

OP
OP

Mattwood440

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just got off a chat with a rep. They said it makes the Sirius tuner connect like an iPod/iPhone. Interesting.

EddieGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2012 Challenger SRT8, 67 Fastback
Sounds a tad expensive for a subscription based service. Maybe the tuner can be found cheaper elsewhere, i don't know. I too have the base GT. And at this price I would consider looking for a used nav setup from a premium model.

Eddie

OP
OP

Mattwood440

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sounds a tad expensive for a subscription based service. Maybe the tuner can be found cheaper elsewhere, i don't know. I too have the base GT. And at this price I would consider looking for a used nav setup from a premium model.

Eddie
Unfortunately that is not possible. With this kit the SVX tuner (the thing with the ESN) is only $60 which is pretty reasonable. You're paying mostly for the interface kit. I will look again into the price of getting a used ACM (the actual stereo part) that has Sirius built in. I do know it has to be programmed to your VIN and only certain ones will work.

OEMRadio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500
Its better to get a new ACM .. you can get a factory ACM on eBay.. add the ACM and a antenna.. GET a file from JMR or me and you're good to go.. way better and you can control it as factory

ACM on eBay is 50-100$

Sponsored

halc9000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 Convertible - White, Automatic
I have this in my car and like it

I have this in my 2015 V6 Convertible. Had a Sirius car kit previously connected to Aux and sitting in the change tray space in front of the gear shift. This is much better; a couple of boxes in the console (I used doublesided tape to secure them), plugged into USB2 in there, with a wire run to the fuse panel for always-on power (it needs to be on before the radio powers up due to the way Sync handles USB). Has full song info on the radio display, ability to set presets and navigate through stations with the steering wheel controls or the head unit buttons. Granted, the way that works is a little weird - such as presets not using the number buttons on the dash, but it does work and the instructions are pretty clear. I can take pics of my set up if anyone is interested.

My only complaint isn't with the unit but with lovely Sync - meaning, it sometimes switches to a different input upon startup (back to FM instead of on USB2 where I left it), and sometimes I have to open the console and unplug / plug in the USB cable because Sync refuses to recognize what's plugged into USB2. I find that to be a relatively minor item compared to the hours of enjoyment and the clean installation that this provides, since Ford refuses to put satellite radio in the base cars.

Just my 2 cents worth. :thumbsup:

EddieGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2012 Challenger SRT8, 67 Fastback
Good input.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mustanggirlie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Athena
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT
Hi There! I had it put in. The unit was set behind my radio and the wires thru the console and connected to my USB 2. Works great. Have my presets and the antenna is in the windshield cowling. I thinks that is what it is called. lol. All of it is hidden. I paid $260 for the kit. Let me know if you have more questions.

bluefirestarter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue Mustang GT PP1 401a
Question about the install.. I purchased this kit and was trying to install it with the fuse adapter it came with and ran into a problem. The fuses in the car are either a three prong fuse that won't fit into the adapter or a two prong one that is too small.. Suggestion?

Mustanggirlie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Athena
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT
Question about the install.. I purchased this kit and was trying to install it with the fuse adapter it came with and ran into a problem. The fuses in the car are either a three prong fuse that won't fit into the adapter or a two prong one that is too small.. Suggestion?
Hi there, let me ask my husband when he gets home. Since he and his friend installed it and I will get back to you..

Sponsored

halc9000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good question - I forgot that the fuse tap that comes with the kit did not fit the Mustang. I happened to have an "add-a-fuse" adapter that fit perfectly. You can get them from a local auto parts store or online -- you want "micro2" size -- not "mini". Here's the one that I got from Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00OZGA8O8

bluefirestarter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue Mustang GT PP1 401a
Good question - I forgot that the fuse tap that comes with the kit did not fit the Mustang. I happened to have an "add-a-fuse" adapter that fit perfectly. You can get them from a local auto parts store or online -- you want "micro2" size -- not "mini". Here's the one that I got from Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00OZGA8O8

Thanks! I was like I know I'm not crazy. I ordered the adapter from Amazon.. Wonder why they didn't include the proper part if it says it fits the 2015 (especially since this wasn't cheap.) What fuse did you end up using to piggy back on?

halc9000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fuse

I used the fuse for the electric trunk release as it seems to be always hot - can't recall the number, but you can find it on the chart on the fuse box cover. Ford put the fuse box in the worst possible spot - you have to practically crawl under the dashboard with a flashlight to see anything. :ford:

forango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I know this is trying to wake the dead, but can anyone help me figure out setting presets with the VAIS? I can’t figure it out
Sponsored