Silly options I wish I had

ZackJones

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT/CS
Too bad a lot of people don't realize that manuals usually available as a searchable PDF file, which makes it so easy and fast to find what they need.
If anyone knows of one for our Mustangs I would love to have one. My wish list items would be: (1) HUD as others have said and (2) it came from the factory lowered 1 inch all around which I know I can fix.
Sponsored

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

You wouldn't catch me driving a convertible mustang in a million years, but that targa is great. :love:
It looks like the car came from the factory like that. It lines up perfectly with the small window. Wonder if we can ask to see what shop did this.

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
Things my Acura SUV has that the Mustang doesn't that I'm now missing:
-- Seat memory - It's available on the 401A package
-- Sunglass holder - Just to the left of the steering wheel
-- Hood struts - just an aside: I like prop rods... anyone who has ever had a hood/Tonneau cover fall on them because a gas cylinder failed knows why...
-- Much better sound system, even over the Stroker
-- Blind spot warning - Also available with the 401A package
The only feature that's unavailable that I'd like to have is remote start on a manual transmission. All of the parts already exist.

OP
OP
panhandler62

panhandler62

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I don't know that I've seen an auto start in any manual car. (Now someone will post a link and embarrass me! lol)

The interlock would have to be moved from the clutch pedal to the neutral gate position, but it seems doable.

Sponsored

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
I don't know that I've seen an auto start in any manual car. (Now someone will post a link and embarrass me! lol)

The interlock would have to be moved from the clutch pedal to the neutral gate position, but it seems doable.
Viper sells them for manuals.

There is a procedure that must be followed to enable remote start with a stick. Essentially if you use the remote start system to shut the vehicle off, and if nothing changes, the vehicle is still in a state that it can idle securely...

Assuming you have a newer remote start system that has manual transmission compatibility you can use the following process to enable the vehicle to remote start:
1. Park your vehicle and put the gear shift into neutral
2. Apply the emergency brake and release the foot brake
3. Activate remote start while the car is running off the key
4. After a few seconds have passed, remove the key from the cylinder and the car will continue to run
5. Exit the vehicle
6. Arm the vehicle
The vehicle will shut down upon arming and will be able to remote start as many times as you want until a door is opened or the alarm is triggered
#4 could easily be changed to "while you and the key are inside the vehicle" as the S550s can detect the presence of the FOB.

phillybob232

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White Platinum 2017 GT/CS
I thought the memory seat was a frivolous option since no one drives the car except me.
But, the auto slide back on key off has made getting in and out of the car much easier.
For those without it, when you turn off the car, the drivers seat goes to a fully back setting.
When you start the car, it slides forward to memory position 1.
So on that rare occasion that someone is sitting in the back, it just crushes their legs flat?

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
So on that rare occasion that someone is sitting in the back, it just crushes their legs flat?
Correct......
Only works on the drivers seat, so if you have to drive someone you don't like, you know where to have them sit.

phillybob232

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White Platinum 2017 GT/CS
Correct......
Only works on the drivers seat, so if you have to drive someone you don't like, you know where to have them sit.
Hey, just one more reason to tell folks "sorry, I can't drive everyone, it's a 2 seat-er" :thumbsup:

awmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium PP
Just for fun .. things I would add if I could snap my fingers --

• Touch pad under the deck lip so I don't need to grope in my pocket for the fob to open the trunk.
  • I wish the pony hologram changed color along with the ambients and instruments
  • Lock on the console lid on convertibles
  • Gas cylinders for the hood instead of a prop rod

One of these might be fairly easy. Not sure about the other 3 ... lol

Any little features anyone else thinks are missing/nice to have?
I will admit right now I haven't read through all 5 pages yet, but #3 is part of the enhanced security package, which I thought was standard on the convertibles.
Try it. Lock your doors, wait 30 seconds and try to open the center console.

Sponsored

awmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium PP
Back on the topic of the locking center console... my vert also has motion sensors so if it's parked & locked with top down, if someone is just reaching inside it will set off the alarm. You might check your settings to see if it is enabled on your car.

Now what will really blow your mind, is there's also a hidden cylinder where you can insert your physical key (the one hidden inside your fob, you know about that too right?) and open the trunk even with a dead battery.
Are you sure about this? My 2005 vert disabled those sensors when the top was down. My understanding was this has not changed.

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
I thought the memory seat was a frivolous option since no one drives the car except me.
But, the auto slide back on key off has made getting in and out of the car much easier.
For those without it, when you turn off the car, the drivers seat goes to a fully back setting.
When you start the car, it slides forward to memory position 1.
The memory seat is brilliant, and the easy entry / exit
Over here in the UK, that and the Hood Vents are the 2 things that really annoy people when they see my CS.
And a lot of people have had to get their seats re-covered as, as they get out and into the car they rub the side of the seat and the wear is really bad, on some seats even gone into holes

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
So... u
Things my Acura SUV has that the Mustang doesn't that I'm now missing:
-- Seat memory - I let very close friends and family drive it if they haven't been in one yet / have to run to a corner store and they always move the seat on me :(
-- Sunglass holder - the hidden compartment next to the steering wheel holds an Easy Pass...
--
-- Blind spot warning - not a huge deal,.
Is the above a wind=up?
My 16 has all the above

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Hey, just one more reason to tell folks "sorry, I can't drive everyone, it's a 2 seat-er" :thumbsup:
I do weddings and the last wedding had the Bride and her dad in the back then the Bride and Groom
Once you move it forward manually as I had to do to let them in the back, it will not roll all the way back, it remembers the last setting.
Once you press the memory button then it remembers and will go back to auto rollback
Sponsored