Sponsored

Shifter Question

DonShady

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S197 V6 Black, S550 GT Premium Race Red Manual
Been 2 weeks since i got my GT with Manual Transmission and still cant get out of the hangover. :headbang:

How ever, I have something that makes me feel very uneasy about it.

Shifting to Gears R-1-2-3-4 are perfect. but when I try to shift to 5-6 I can notice much movement in the shifter. I dont 'feel' the shifter moving to 5 or 6 and have to always repeat my action twice or thrice to make sure I am not going to 3-4 instead.

I had a 2005 mustang manual for 6 years and drover several other cars with manual but never felt like this. I always shift in sequential fashion.

Is this common to everyone with S550?
Sponsored

Johnboy7701

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Comp Orange
Still has me going into 4th sometimes because it doesn't fall into 6th easily. I also had a '08 GT which everything went into gear smooth. Just takes a little practice when going into sixth. I'm sure it will grow on me I only have about 600 miles on the odometer.

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
I seem to remember one other person here complaining about a difficult/imprecise 5th gear (or maybe it was 6th).

I have absolutely no problems getting it into 5th or 6th - in either execution or feel.

OP
OP

DonShady

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S197 V6 Black, S550 GT Premium Race Red Manual
@Johnboy7701 @foghat

I think , i shall just test drive another GT at the dealership to confirm this is not specific to my car

Sponsored

GTA6T7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT, Prem, PP, Black, 401A
Took me a little while to get used to the 4-5 shift and the 5-6 shift. The shifter seems to naturally want to downshift from 4-3 and feels spring loaded to stay out of 5th. You just have to lean to give it a different push/effort when using the overdrive gears.

I've grown to really like it because the shift pattern between 1-2-3-4 seems to anticipate for me.
DSC00046a.jpg

MrPlutonium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
5-6 is okay for me but 4-5 feels like the gate is further apart than 2-3, so if I don't consciously move it all the way to the right I'll hit between the gates and have to try again.
Sponsored