Shelbys Anonymous

MAV

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Every single participant of this forum that has a GT350 on order is checking here daily if not hourly in the vain hope that someone will shed some light on some sort of change in the status quo. In the meantime, it's apparent that we are eating each other alive over ADMs and puddle lamps, so I wanted to start sort of a "Shelbys Anonymous" thread for therapy for those of us having anxiety attacks about when the damn things are going to start shipping. Here's my story:

Just this week I had to drive about 15 miles out of town on a winding, hilly two-lane highway for a work-related meeting. While my big, lumbering F250 diesel loped along at a mere 30 MPH, I could not help myself imagining what it will be like to whip through the same stretch of road, grabbing second around a downhill curve, and screaming the 5.2L up to 8 grand to the top of the next hill.

And then I looked down at the tach in the truck - 1500 RPM. AAAGGGHHH!!! Somebody please help! :frusty: :headbonk: :crazy:
Sponsored

eric n

HNIC/Head Ninja in Charge
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ericnolan.com
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
16 Shelby RR B&W stripes GT350 G0249
You are right on. I consider it a major win if I can go 24 hours without checking to see what's new. Ultimately more often than not, nothing is new. This is an addiction to be sure. I try to remember that patience is a virtue. But then I remember that few are less virtuous than I. Well, damn.

Last edited:

TraKWeapon

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack On Order
This should be GT350 Anonymous and not Shelby. I'll never refer to my GT350 as a Shelby because he/they had nothing to do with it's development. I would have preferred to save $1,000 and not had the Shelby name on it.

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
This should be GT350 Anonymous and not Shelby. I'll never refer to my GT350 as a Shelby because he/they had nothing to do with it's development. I would have preferred to save $1,000 and not had the Shelby name on it.
Wasn't there a video where one of the top Ford Performance engineers stated that Carroll Shelby was indeed involved (a few years ago before he passed) in the early conceptualization of this new GT350?

TraKWeapon

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack On Order
Wasn't there a video where one of the top Ford Performance engineers stated that Carroll Shelby was indeed involved (a few years ago before he passed) in the early conceptualization of this new GT350?
So what did he contribute? I've talked to the engineers that worked on this car and none mentioned Carroll Shelby. None. It's marketing. You can buy into it if you want to but I'm not. Just a personal preference.

Sponsored

RoushDriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Track Pack with OTT #1794
I am ready to put my Roush away for the winter due to my busy season at work starting and then the snow coming in a month or so. It will be a sad (as it is every year) but maybe I can quit looking here everyday now that I have given up on a delivery for this year.
I even called my dealer today to see if they want to put the Roush on their floor to try and sell while I am waiting for my new car.

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
So what did he contribute? I've talked to the engineers that worked on this car and none mentioned Carroll Shelby. None. It's marketing. You can buy into it if you want to but I'm not. Just a personal preference.
I wouldn't know... just passing the message that it was on one of the FP engineering vids straight from their larynx. I can't recall which exact vid but it's on that SVT sets of cool vids. ;)

Mustang Marcus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Corolla 2016GT350 Magnetic Blue Stripe
I am hooked and have been for almost a year...
I check this site about 15 times a day (not so much on weekends). Sometimes for new information others to look at pictures and also to PM PP0001.
Living in the southeast means I can drive my GT350 just about anytime. So I will be very happy if I get the car before the year is over.

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
I am hooked and have been for almost a year...
I check this site about 15 times a day (not so much on weekends). Sometimes for new information others to look at pictures and also to PM PP0001.
Living in the southeast means I can drive my GT350 just about anytime. So I will be very happy if I get the car before the year is over.
We all would be if we get ours too! :thumbsup:

What build is yours?

Mustang Marcus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We all would be if we get ours too! :thumbsup:

What build is yours?
My car is going to be the number 2 build for her region.
FP guys have told me that is a good thing but no build date yet or vin.
Only thing they can tell me is material hold.

How about you?
Think I remember some of your post Bossing. You have a date that's been pushed, correct?

Sponsored

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
My car is going to be the number 2 build for her region.
FP guys have told me that is a good thing but no build date yet or vin.
Only thing they can tell me is material hold.

How about you?
Think I remember some of your post Bossing. You have a date that's been pushed, correct?
My original order back in June is a 2016 non-R.... it has a VIN already but build dates have been pushed 2x already so far. Currently it's at 10/19 target build week. But (thanks to Shelby_R for the lead) I already bought/paid for a 2015 non-R this past late July so now just awaiting for Ford to release the '15's for delivery. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the '16 yet... :D

ghostrider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mclaren
I was supposed to get my vin number by the end of August. It s=was supposed to be here the first week of november.

So far I have no had any status update and production has not started.

Is anyone receiving their cars in october or November.

Byt he way its an R

jlwdvm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 350R, '13 Boss 302, '15 Z/28, '69 TA
That's what we call picking gnat sh&t out of pepper! It says "Shelby" on the front spoiler if I remember right.

Mustang Marcus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My original order back in June is a 2016 non-R.... it has a VIN already but build dates have been pushed 2x already so far. Currently it's at 10/19 target build week. But (thanks to Shelby_R for the lead) I already bought/paid for a 2015 non-R this past late July so now just awaiting for Ford to release the '15's for delivery. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with the '16 yet... :D

Dude that is so funny... PP001 hooked me up with Shely_R's phone number and I called him and spoke about that car. I just couldn't come up with the extra funds.

White with blue stripes sold to a dealer in Seattle, correct?

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
Sorry, but you're 100 percent wrong. I had a conversation with Jim Owens at Road America on this very topic, and he assured me that Carroll Shelby was involved in the early development of the GT 350. In fact, Shelby regularly called members of the GT 350 development group early in the morning with his latest idea, including the use of brake pads made from volcanic ash!

Might I suggest you get your personalized license plate reserved soon? :headbang:

Sponsored