Sponsored

Shelby GT350 - 7 Reasons I'm Not Buying The 2016 Shelby GT350!

eric n

HNIC/Head Ninja in Charge
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ericnolan.com
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
16 Shelby RR B&W stripes GT350 G0249
I'm way fortunate enough to already have my Shelby and I watched the video. Hey, it's his money and if he's happy... Good for him. As others have said, he's never driven one of these monsters. I have no idea why he would take the time to make the video, but maybe it's threaputic and helps him work out his..... You know ISSUES!

Ultimately, he's a brother in the way of the Shelby, therefore I will with hold future negative comments.
Sponsored

Special50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
50th Anniversary Special Edition
Sounds like a lot of people don't get the fact that these guys actually make money off of those 5 minute long videos. A lot of channels or guys nominate other channels to come up with their lists too. I saw one the other day about a guy who was voted to make a 10 things he hates about his Mustang (which he repeatedly stated he loved) so they kinda just fill stuff up and yep, all the likes and views get them money. These people are making money posting the same type of opinions we post here for free lol

eric n

HNIC/Head Ninja in Charge
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ericnolan.com
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
16 Shelby RR B&W stripes GT350 G0249
Sounds like a lot of people don't get the fact that these guys actually make money off of those 5 minute long videos. A lot of channels or guys nominate other channels to come up with their lists too. I saw one the other day about a guy who was voted to make a 10 things he hates about his Mustang (which he repeatedly stated he loved) so they kinda just fill stuff up and yep, all the likes and views get them money. These people are making money posting the same type of opinions we post here for free lol
While I am aware that this occurs, I'm sure it would shock me to find out how prevalent it is. If he is making real money fo this, wow, just wow.

Sponsored

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
While I am aware that this occurs, I'm sure it would shock me to find out how prevalent it is. If he is making real money fo this, wow, just wow.
IIRC, Youtube pays $500 per 100k views, $5k for 1 million views.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
You would be surprised how much some make. Its essentially a modern rendition of television advertising. If you post something that is interesting enough to a sufficient number of views, then they can correlate that to ad revenue. More views, more money, just how companies pay more to advertise during prime time shows where viewership is at its highest.

Same deal with these so called instagram stars. More followers, more advertisers will pay you for product placement. :)

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
There is nothing wrong with buying a used 350 in a few years. Thats the way I bought several 500's over the years.
He did make some good points about the 500 .

Last edited:

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
There is nothing wrong with buying a used 350 in a few years. Thats the way I bought several 500's over the years.
That's my plan. There will be plenty of pristine garage queens to pick from once the buzz dies down, just like GT500s.

Sponsored

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Funny... His opinions have gotten a rowdy response out of the forum, of which is what he was seeking... Attention.

Pretty soon he'll have 7 pages of why people hate his video on this forum. Lol.

Falconetti

cash me outside howbow da
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1, 1994 SVT COBRA
Funny... His opinions have gotten a rowdy response out of the forum, of which is what he was seeking... Attention.

So when they say "no publicity is bad publicity" this is true. Love him or hate him he's got alot of attention.

ohtobbad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R

True, but does him no good, he needs the hate or like on his video.
50 pages here does nothing for him :)

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
True, but does him no good, he needs the hate or like on his video.
50 pages here does nothing for him :)
Maybe "good" in his eyes is provocation... Have you ever seen an ex-wife play this role? They do it well...

yosv0610

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yosvaldy
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Shelby GT350R
he does have valid points but then he goes and makes this

[ame]
:) :) :)

just a poor boy trying to make money. GT500 is an awesome car, but come on dude, be realistic and embrace the future and let it in.
Sponsored