Sponsored

Shaker Pro: inexpensive options for mild upgrade? (or: another speaker thread)

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Digging up an oldie here, but are you better off upgrading the door 3.5" or center 3.5"?
Asking i just purchased a pair of 3.5" so i have 2 :)
There are many topics about how bad the center speaker is and the best option is to not have one. Unplug the center 3.5. Upgrade your doors.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Captdistraction

Captdistraction

Not the Stig
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang GT350 Tech Pack, 2011 Mustang Racecar, 2011 Raptor
Circling back on this from my side, I traded that 16GT for a 16GT350 that had a 7 speaker system (no door tweeters). Changing the speakers to PowerBASS woofers/tweeter sets and adding a 4 channel amp (Alpine mustang upgrade kit with sub), flattening out the EQ via forscan and making a few adjustments has me set and happy. I love listening to music in the car now. Night and day difference in clarity and power/dynamics.

josephstef

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
As an update, i upgraded the rear and door mids to Cerwin Vega 6.5" & 3.5" speakers. What a difference! should have done this ages ago.!

Rash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Magnetic/Showstopper Red, 401A, Active Exhaust
As an update, i upgraded the rear and door mids to Cerwin Vega 6.5" & 3.5" speakers. What a difference! should have done this ages ago.!
Are you running off the stock amp? Did you do any other upgrades or just the speakers? What specific speakers were they? Thanks.

josephstef

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Are you running off the stock amp? Did you do any other upgrades or just the speakers? What specific speakers were they? Thanks.
I' running them off the stock amp, the biggest improvement was easily just the door mids. I ran Cerwin Vega 3.5"H735 in those. The sound is much more rich and removes the dull flat sound from the stock speakers.

In the rear ive got H7652 6.5" these are ok but ive now ordered an amp as they sound so much better amped. (I tested them with my sub amp, I have a shallow sub in the back as well) The rear 6.5" i put are 60 watt rms so the stock amp isn't quite enough where the fronts are 25watt so they work very well.

If you were jut going to do one upgrade, I would easily say put the Cerwin Vega H735 in the door!

Sponsored

Rash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I' running them off the stock amp, the biggest improvement was easily just the door mids. I ran Cerwin Vega 3.5"H735 in those. The sound is much more rich and removes the dull flat sound from the stock speakers.

In the rear ive got H7652 6.5" these are ok but ive now ordered an amp as they sound so much better amped. (I tested them with my sub amp, I have a shallow sub in the back as well) The rear 6.5" i put are 60 watt rms so the stock amp isn't quite enough where the fronts are 25watt so they work very well.

If you were jut going to do one upgrade, I would easily say put the Cerwin Vega H735 in the door!
Did you start with 9 or 12 speaker? Do you have pillar twitters?

josephstef

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Did you start with 9 or 12 speaker? Do you have pillar twitters?
9 Speaker, yes i have pillar tweeters, i was worried that the cerwin vegas would be too bright being 2 way but i left the factory tweeters in.
They sound really good left in it was the mids that really changed the sound

Rash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
9 Speaker, yes i have pillar tweeters, i was worried that the cerwin vegas would be too bright being 2 way but i left the factory tweeters in.
They sound really good left in it was the mids that really changed the sound
What was the impedance of the factory mids? Cerwins look to be 4 ohm.

josephstef

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
What was the impedance of the factory mids? Cerwins look to be 4 ohm.
2 ohm, being 2 way, my theory was to soften them a bit, but they ended up being similar sound level to the other speakers. I think a 2ohm/2way would be too much but not sure....
Sponsored