OP

moarhorsepower

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
An A/C issue is SERIOUS? :) I agree that a new car shouldn't have issues, but sorry truth be told IMO you come off as very whiny. If my wife said that I would probably say to her, "Yes, my nordic princess." ;)

I had my A/C quit working. The dealer fixed it. Yes it's a little irritating. However, I ABSOLUTELY LOVE my FORD!! It has a really sweet drivetrain! Yes there are (inexpensive) things on the car. But IMO I can't find a car with great build quality and a similarly exciting drivetrain for similar money.

I've driven Porsches and BMWs. They aren't as good IMO. Yes some things are better, but both cars are way less fun than my Ford.

Yup your expectations are high. I get it. I don't like my local dealer and I avoid going there whenever I can. I think the dealers - at least those local to me - are definitely the weak link in the chain.

You should let your wallet do the talking and buy something else that will please you. You deserve to be happy with your car and the service you get. :)
A/C is pretty necessary in the summer here. It does get hot and even more so the humidity gets (and still is high). I also get uncomfortably warm quickly so it's even more of a necessity for me.

And I expect at least a call back within a month if I'm leaving messages for the CSR and the "assistant". The last time I got a call from anyone was September 13th. I called back within a half hour, no answer. THen left a couple messages a week for the next 3 weeks without a response. And asked to be called back via email. No response. That's not expecting too much.
Sponsored

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
Your expectations are low. Maybe you've never had a Japanese car (which are mostly assembled in the US) but somehow they manage to put together cars that pretty much just work, and keep working for 200K+ miles. It's not even amazing or exceptional, it's just how things should be in 2017. It's very disappointing because 30 years ago Ford was leading a quality revolution and on track to match Japanese brands. Quality doesn't cost more, it costs less in the long run. Less rework, fewer warranty claims, better customer satisfaction which brings more repeat customers.

I'm sure somebody is going to throw out some anecdotal evidence about how their Toyota/Honda/Subaru exploded, but the stats are pretty clear.
I had 2 mazda 3's before this.
Both were pretty much the most reliable thing ever. They were also boring as shit, and every day i thought of driving something fast.

bee bop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 GT Vert, 2016 GT Vert
Here is my 2002 GT Vert. Bought it new 16 years ago this month. It currently has 137,000 miles on her and I have had no engine issues at all. the only thing that has been done is the intake was replaced because on of the coil bolts had seized and the insert was spinning. Other than that I have had a front dif. seal leak and failed control arm bushings at around 125,00. Just recently had a evap. leak that tuned out to be the filler neck to tank seal. No other issues. Sure it rattles and creaks but that is more my fault for the spring I am running. Just had her re-sprayed, replace the leather and a new top. I have to say the old girl looks pretty good to me. Of course she doesn't ride any thing like my 16, but that is progress for you.
IMG_0972.JPG
IMG_0967.JPG
IMG_0981.JPG
IMG_0960.JPG

XS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I'm sorry you guys have had issues with your cars. For me it's never been any one manufacturer. I am knowledgeable with cars, and I've properly cared for all my vehicles but I have never owned a vehicle that didn't have multiple problems going at once. Even other people I know have had constant issues with their cars. The following is just a few examples.
2016 Mustang GT: Going to the dealer tomorrow because the strut is literally loose, I can rattle it with my bare hands. Car has 19,000 miles...
2001 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins: Turbo crapped at 70k miles
1999 Dodge Durango: Trans crapped at 120k miles (although pretty decent for a MOPAR)
1989 Bronco: Practically everything crapped on this thing at one time or another, total POS from front to back. The only credit I will give this turd is it saved my life when I hit an elk at 75mph and it rolled several times. It may have been junk, but it was strong junk.
1999 Honda Civic: Got it at 40k miles, total piece of crap. Replaced seemingly everything before 50k miles. Gave up on it when I found coolant in the oil.
Girlfriends 2014 BMW 3 Series: this car famous for its "German reliability" lives at the dealership.
Girlfriends 2008 Honda CRV: we traded this turd on the BMW, it also lived at the dealership. They never figured out why the transmission was so jerky and did everything in their power to avoid replacing it. Took it to multiple dealerships for trans issues.
Roommates Subaru Crosstrek: Trans crapped at 25k miles. Plastic pieces known to fly off at highway speeds.
So anymore I just assume no matter what every vehicle is falling apart the day it leaves the factory. I wish I was one of those people who owns a vehicle for 150k miles and never has an issue with it. What amazing luck that must be.

Mike K.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
The squeaky pads are almost always a very simple fix with spraying the back side of the pads with CRC stop squeal red sticky spray. Worked on every car I've ever had squealing.

This but also for brakes it always helps to make sure the pads slide in and out of the mounts nice and smooth, you shouldn't have to force them in, a few times I have had to ever so slight dremel the edges of aftermarket pads to get them to slide nice. After that the CRC stop squeal and no squeak.

Sponsored

ricardocabesa

STD free
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT w/PP
An A/C issue is SERIOUS? :) I agree that a new car shouldn't have issues, but sorry truth be told IMO you come off as very whiny. If my wife said that I would probably say to her, "Yes, my nordic princess." ;)

I had my A/C quit working. The dealer fixed it. Yes it's a little irritating. However, I ABSOLUTELY LOVE my FORD!! It has a really sweet drivetrain! Yes there are (inexpensive) things on the car. But IMO I can't find a car with great build quality and a similarly exciting drivetrain for similar money.

I've driven Porsches and BMWs. They aren't as good IMO. Yes some things are better, but both cars are way less fun than my Ford.

Yup your expectations are high. I get it. I don't like my local dealer and I avoid going there whenever I can. I think the dealers - at least those local to me - are definitely the weak link in the chain.

You should let your wallet do the talking and buy something else that will please you. You deserve to be happy with your car and the service you get. :)
Yes,it IS a serious issue.I run my A/C 9-10 months a year in SW Florida. I DO NOT live in Minneapolis like you do and use it maybe 3 months a year.

ricardocabesa

STD free
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT w/PP
What Japanese car competes with Mustang/Camaro price wise, with a V8, manual tranny and similar performance?
To answer your question,if it DOESN'T have to be a V-8,Kia Stinger. And it has a much longer warranty.

Sponsored

usgiorgi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Yes,I realize is Korean.
And yes again,Kia over Ford if it's the car you want.With a much longer warranty.
Kia and hyundai are known to refuse warranty for all sorts of absurd crap. Don't bank on them putting a new engine in for you at 50k if you throw a rod. Kia dealers are considered to be some of the worst.

This is coming from someone who ditched their mustang because I was fed up with the issues.

I would not recommend the Kia. Especially until some people have reported issues. Remember the genesis 5.0? That engine burned oil like it was a rotary. Hyundai said it was normal.

jperls

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Metallic V6, 1970 mustang convertible
Its amazing, I read these sorts of threads and just sigh and shake my head. I love my mustangs (both my 1970 convertible and my S550). But I so understand what is being talked about. The quality control is night and day. If I ever have to buy another car...it certainly won't be a Ford. But if I get the chance to build one...then all bets are off since it would be from the ground up :D

OrangeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Premium Competition Orange
LOL. There are problems with every car manufacturer out there!

Example.. Mercedes's top dawg C63 AMG has been known to have WEAK head bolts and will crack on you at no given time (even when fairly new). Go on their forums or even YouTube and you will see a dealer completely take off the head and repair it. Same goes for BMW reliablity. These are 60-80k dollar cars we are talking about here not just a 30k dollar Ford. Always that bad egg in the nest.

ValidusTalon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium PP + FRPP2
Like many have already said, sucks you are experiencing issues. Cars are a significant investment for most of us and it's quite stressful when they crap out on ya!

In terms of the Hyundai / Kia - I do urge you to really study the "much longer warranty" - it says 10 years on the paper, but in my experience was useless. Combined with a seriously apathetic service department it lead to a multitude of escalations with Hyundai USA. Things like them saying a car that had ~200 miles on it and the door panel falling of was "normal wear and tear" and expecting us to pay for a new one. Another was 3 attempts to replace a faulty fuel pump at 32k miles, charging me nearly $1K ("wear part"), and literally soaking the carpet of the car w/gasoline (like it made squishy noises when you pressed on it) saying "That's not our fault, some fuel spills when you change those...just drive w/your windows down for a couple days")....again, a part of it was a crappy dealership, but IMO their warranty isn't worth the paper it's written on.

This is of course not to say any brand doesn't have issue. Some dealerships just suck, or hell even the tech who did the work that day just didn't have enough coffee.... best of luck with wherever you may land!
Sponsored