Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Ecoboost 2016
Looks awesome :)

davidhes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT - Ruby Red
Very interested. Any Legality issues with this mod in Australia?

Sponsored

PPPony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
MY17 Mustang GT Auto

Frostee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT
I will be most interested to hear from someone with the knowledge as to the legality of this, but my gut feeling is it would not be legal. I can see that the red lights flashing could be confusing for other drivers.

Yellow GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
That would be me, was good chatting to you earlier yuvraj :)
Once I have a few more products I'll start a sponsor account and freely discuss things here. For now I'll just nod silently :p
Is that your car LED86?
Saw Mr Beck near Moo Moo restaurant down the coast on Saturday.

Billca

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost
Do the taillights (inner red) stop flashing when the brakes are applied at the same time the blinkers are on? I want to be wrong but I recall reading the taillights aren't allowed to blink.

LED86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 86
Just a note, as im not a sponsor yet I have to refrain from giving any details for pricing etc so ill ignore those questions for now. But ill answer questions regarding legal issues etc.

From my point of view these wont be legal, its more a "show use" mod, so its up to yourself to use it on the road or not. Mainly due to indicators are required to be amber. So it looks awesome but use at your own discretion.

From my testing when you break and say you are indicating to the left, the left side continues to sequence but the right side will break solid. This could also cause confusion on the road.

In my opinion its a nice little mod but just be careful when and where you use it, or just take the risk but its your choice in the end.

@Yellow_GT Not my car, I drive a Toyota 86... for now :p But Mr beck is a friend that lives close by and allowed me to use his car for product testing, photos etc. Then he lets me drive the mustang for a bit so I can go home crying in my 86. :)

Sponsored

davidhes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT - Ruby Red
Thanks for clearing that up. As I thought. Won't be for me then unfortunately.

stasik-a4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP1
I have done some investigation and got some part numbers for both us headlights and tail lights, i decided to call up ford dealership and get a price and availability on them. Only to find out that price is available, but when you go to place an order you are only then told that its not for Australian market and not to order this part.
I don't understand whats the point on telling you how much if its not available for our market...:frusty: Job Well done FORD once again....:thumbsup:

PPPony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
MY17 Mustang GT Auto
I have done some investigation and got some part numbers for both us headlights and tail lights, i decided to call up ford dealership and get a price and availability on them. Only to find out that price is available, but when you go to place an order you are only then told that its not for Australian market and not to order this part.
I don't understand whats the point on telling you how much if its not available for our market...:frusty: Job Well done FORD once again....:thumbsup:
Strange post. You asked for prices, you got them.

The Headlights are not ok for vehicles that will be used for driving on the left hand side of the road

The tail lights are not legal here either, the Indicators must blink amber ....

phil545

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
The indicator still does blink amber so it's not completely wrong. I've got the sequencer on my car at the moment and love it! Don't forget we still have the stop light so if you are braking an indicating the side will flash but your other 2 brake lights will be solid red

PPPony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
MY17 Mustang GT Auto
The indicator still does blink amber so it's not completely wrong. I've got the sequencer on my car at the moment and love it! Don't forget we still have the stop light so if you are braking an indicating the side will flash but your other 2 brake lights will be solid red
ADR's ?

Insurance are ok with that ?
Sponsored