• ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are REQUIRED to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

Selling gt350, building race car.

Jb350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 track pack
The time has come to get rid of the 350:(. I love the experience so much that I've decided to build a race car. I'll be selling the car and purchasing a fiesta st for a daily. Anyways I'm posting the car on here 1st to see if I get any good offers before I trade it in. Its a 2016 track pack. The car has roughly 10k miles, 3 track days. Only mods are passenger catch can, 6gr wheels, and resonator delete. Car has had 4 oil changes since new, and one trans and diff fluid change after 1st track session. Only issues are a rock chip on the front passenger quarter panel's, and a few Knicks on the small painted panel in the center above the splitter. Sale will include 3 sets of tires, one set mpss @60% tread, one set mpss at 75% tread, and one set contiforcecontact (r comp) with one track day. Also will include extra set of front brake pads. Existing pads have around 50% . I have an offer from my local dealership for $52k, so I would like to see if I can get a little more, if not oh well. Asking price is $58k OBO!
Please do not comment whether you think the price is fair or not, that's your opinion, and this is my thread. Wishes me luck guys! Here is a pic before 6gr wheels, send me a PM with your email for more pics
IMG_20160611_204359.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
GLWS

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
What are you targeting for the race car?

Rogue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 Carrera S, Boss 302 Laguna Seca, Jagua
944 Turbo can be had for 10k and with another 10k you can have a monster 450hp fully prepped race car....

Sponsored

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
Right now I'm leaning toward a c5 z06, but I haven't made up my mind, any suggestions?
That's definitely a very cost effective and fast option. E36/E46 BMWs are popular as well. And then there's always the stalwart Miata, but it sounds like you want to stick with something with a V8. Honestly, with a V8, there's nothing much better than a C5 for bang-for-buck. Personal preference would lead me back to an S197 though for full race duty.

You really do want to consider what your competition would be in your local region though. If there's a bunch of people running a particular car, it's actually pretty wise to join them. You can get a lot of camaraderie and tips from already established people.

bmailpb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
The time has come to get rid of the 350:(. I love the experience so much that I've decided to build a race car. I'll be selling the car and purchasing a fiesta st for a daily. Anyways I'm posting the car on here 1st to see if I get any good offers before I trade it in. The car has roughly 10k miles, 3 track days. Only mods are passenger catch can, 6gr wheels, and resonator delete. Car has had 4 oil changes since new, and one trans and diff fluid change after 1st track session. Only issues are a rock chip on the front passenger quarter panel's, and a few Knicks on the small painted panel in the center above the splitter. Sale will include 3 sets of tires, one set mpss @60% tread, one set mpss at 75% tread, and one set contiforcecontact (r comp) with one track day. Also will include extra set of front brake pads. Existing pads have around 50% . I have an offer from my local dealership for $52k, so I would like to see if I can get a little more, if not oh well. Asking price is $58k OBO!
Please do not comment whether you think the price is fair or not, that's your opinion, and this is my thread. Wishes me luck guys! Here is a pic before 6gr wheels, send me a PM with your email for more pics
I can see from your picture that it has the track pack spoiler, but you might want to specifically call that out and post year.

Right now I'm leaning toward a c5 z06, but I haven't made up my mind, any suggestions?
That's a good starting point. They're relatively cheap, lots of parts available, etc. E36 m3 is always a good one too. The nice thing about the e36 is that you can run in a ton of different series, including spec e36. The z06 can do a number of different series too, but I don't think there is a spec series for the c5.

944 Turbo can be had for 10k and with another 10k you can have a monster 450hp fully prepped race car....
Unless OP wants to be CONSTANTLY wrenching, I'd stay away from a 944.

OP
OP

Jb350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Thanks a lot for the advice, it's appreciated. Here is my criteria for the race car. Something recent (model year 2010) 300hp+, budget friendly, reliable, as light as possible. My goal is to add brakes, wheels/tires, suspension, seats, and cooling (oil,trans,diff, brakes, radiator if necessary) not looking to modify the engine besides bolt on. Will add aero last probably. So far the c5 z06 seems to tick alot of those boxes, and if I add said modifications it will be reliable and pretty damn fast as well, with the only downside being cost of consumables really. I've looked into the s197, and I believe that vette is a better option, if I spend the same amount on either car the Vette will definitely be faster, with both cars being similar in terms of consumables . I've looked at the evo x /sti, s2k and a few others as well. My budget will be around $35-40k over the next year or 2. Id like to get something with lower mileage, probably spending $20k on the car itself and 15-20k on prep. Any feedback is welcome

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
I feel like your budget isn't realistic, not to mention you well probably spend a year building it and at the end you may not have a car faster then your gt350.

There will always be faster cars for your budget a lower power might be better.

Is selling the GT350 a financial choice?

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Fell into a pot hole in Michigan and can't get bac
Vehicle(s)
Me crazy, and I can't help myself
I feel like your budget isn't realistic, not to mention you well probably spend a year building it and at the end you may not have a car faster then your gt350.

It might not just be about faster for him, from the original post it sounds like the GT350 was his daily and his track toy, the new setup would allow him a daily driver and a dedicated track toy which might make more sense for him as if anything happens at the track he wouldn't be in trouble when he has to go to work next. I don't think his budget is too bad, sure you can always spend more but to get started i think its completely adequate.

Sponsored

bmailpb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I feel like your budget isn't realistic
If he does a lot of the work himself and gets a proven platform where parts are a bit less expensive, his budget is 100% realistic.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
If he does a lot of the work himself and gets a proven platform where parts are a bit less expensive, his budget is 100% realistic.
I think it depends on for much wrenching he wants to do versus driving. He mentioned a z06 so speed seems to be a concern.

ARS1

GT350 Member H2678
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Shadow BLK/Blue Ordered 8/25
My vote is for this! Best of both worlds :thumbsup:

gallery-1478021486-mustang-gt4-ford-performance-1.jpg

Seriously though GLWS and with your Race Car journey :cheers: I'm sure it will be a fun experience for sure.

OP
OP

Jb350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)

My budget is definitely realistic at least for the c5 at least. Especially considering most of the work I can do myself. Also my budget doesn't not include consumables, just to build the car itself. I've done my research buddy. I can find a gently used c5 z06 for $15-20k. Roll cage $1-2k, Wheels/tires $4k, brakes $4k, suspension $4k, cooling components $4k, seats $1600 for 2, and a few bolt on maybe $3k. That comes out to somewhere in between $37-42k. All these prices are considering top of the line components at retail pricing. I'm sure I'll be able to find deals here and there , and maybe buy a few used parts to lower those costs. The only thing I didn't include is aero, which I'll go over budget for if needed. So it's definitely doable. And my goal is not to be as fast or faster than the 350(although if I build the c5 with said mods, it will definitely be as fast or faster) it's to have a dedicated track car that's fast, reliable, fun, and within a budget.

Selling the 350 is not a financial decision primarily, but if I kept it I wouldn't have the budget for a dedicated track car like I'd like to build.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Take care, see you around. Good luck with the sale
Sponsored