OP
OP
Charlie Brown

Charlie Brown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17MY Mustang GT Auto Race Red Custom Pack
So I just noticed this wear on the drivers seat after two weeks of ownership it may have been there when I picked it up and just did not notice it. The stitching is damaged and their is a small hole in the leather. Comments would be most appreciated.

So initially my dealer said that Ford would not repair under warranty then I showed them some responses on here and they had a rethink and submitted a warranty claim and hey presto they called me today and said Ford will recover the seat under warranty. I am very pleased with this outcome.
Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Is that leather or plastic? The seat face looks like real leather, the side bolsters have a plastic look to me.
They're vinyl leather from what my "feel" can dictate lol. Just the middle is perforated.

Sponsored

jstump2490

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
As Clarkson stated in his review, I believe they came from a polyurethane cow ��
Do they use different material on the seats for the Premier package? Mine definitely feel like real leather and doesn't have that plasticy look like these pictures seem to show.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Do they use different material on the seats for the Premier package? Mine definitely feel like real leather and doesn't have that plasticy look like these pictures seem to show.
Mine feel plasticy like fake leather...

Goosey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Magnetic
The seats are cheap, I make a point of trying not to touch the bolster and regularly add a coating of protectant to it. I imagine by the time it reaches these shores about a dozen people have been in an out the car to move it. They work on shifting as many as possible as soon as possible, so they will have no thoughts as to protecting what is a cheap material

Monty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB
Is that leather or plastic? The seat face looks like real leather, the side bolsters have a plastic look to me.
The sides are vinyl and middle bits of the seats are described as "leather", although appears to be some sort of 'composite', certainly has a plastic coating/feel. Not too bothered myself (prefer cloth), just wish the seats were more durable.

The other common problem on the forum is the seat belt gouging into the seat/strap, if you use the strap thing on the side of the seat.

OP
OP
Charlie Brown

Charlie Brown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17MY Mustang GT Auto Race Red Custom Pack
So Allen Ford (Warwick) had my car in last Tuesday to recover the drivers seat and their Service Manager (Andy) did a great job - very pleased!
Sponsored