Sponsored

Seat belt Retention device? Recaros

Keith_PDX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT/PP
Love my Recaro seats but the open design of the seat belt retention piece on the shoulder of the seat sucks. I understand why it's open, for tipping the seat forward and rear seat access but I never have passengers. I have a bad shoulder and reaching all the way back to grab the damn thing when it falls out of the holder is irritating. I noticed the same thing on the stock seats during test drives too. Is anyone aware of an aftermarket device to retain the seat belt int he shoulder loop?

THanks!
:cheers:
Sponsored

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
I'll have to get some pics when I get home but I let the seatbelt pad catch on the plastic on the side of the recaro seat then I pull the belt up until the buckle pulls up tight. Otherwise it's a nightmare trying to reach back there to grab it. Also keeps the buckle coming getting shut on by the door. I like the seat belt pads as well since my belt is always locking up and sometimes touching my neck. Using the pad it will never fall back.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette

But yeah when I am in the seat and take the seat belt off I pull it up until the buckle comes up to the pad. I resell seat belt pads as well if you want any but there are a ton online. I am always rocking the orange recaro ones hahaha

Sponsored

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GTPP w/Recaros
Vehicle Showcase
Nice, I was just wondering about this yesterday. Never thought about the seatbelt pads. Good find.

OP
OP

Keith_PDX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT/PP
Excellent! Thank you for posting up the picture!

s550soon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 mustang gt hatch
I have Recaros and I don't have this issue anymore. I found out that if I feed the buckle back until it hits the retainer the belt will stay in the retainer.
Sponsored