Sponsored

Scraped on a concrete poll in a parking garage :(

brookdo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang V6 Race Red
So I wasn't paying attention this morning and scraped the side of my car in the parking garage this morning. I am super sad/mad/all emotions about it and I don't know what to do next. Is there anything I can do myself to fix it to make it look semi normal again? I know there is a bunch of paint from the poll on it, any suggestions on removing the paint myself? I have never tried to fix something like this on any car before so if you think it is better for me to go to a shop then let me know. I have attached a pic, I can take more pics later if needed. Planning on taking it to an auto body shop at lunch if I get free.

:( :( :( :(
2025973103454827682-account_id=1 (1).jpg
Sponsored

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
There's some things you can try that have worked for me in the past. I know the detail and body pro's may have some better suggestions, mine are pretty basic.

- Put some gas on a rag and try wiping the area down to remove the poles paint. (Just make sure you wash the gas off after)
- Get some buffing compound and wipe the paint off with a rag, or use a buffer.
- If the scrape didnt get down to your paint, maybe throw some polish at it.
- Bodyshop

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I did that with my side mirror months ago. Since it's on the passenger side and most of it buffed out, I haven't bothered to address it. But I almost quit my job that day because of how pissed I was in general as a result. Haha.

OP
OP
brookdo

brookdo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
- Get some buffing compound and wipe the paint off with a rag, or use a buffer.
Thanks! Definitely going to try this first and then possibly a body shop if it doesn't look any better.

OP
OP
brookdo

brookdo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I did that with my side mirror months ago. Since it's on the passenger side and most of it buffed out, I haven't bothered to address it. But I almost quit my job that day because of how pissed I was in general as a result. Haha.
Haha yeah I pretty much felt the same way.. worst way to start the morning!
Sponsored