Sponsored

Sai Li Fuel Pump Install Question

fordfred

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT...1970 Maverick...2011 F250
I am working on wiring the system and do not know which wire to connect the blue wire to on FPDM plug. Instructions say yellow and brown tracer wire but my FPDM plug does not have such a wire. I have a brown/white tracer wire, a yellow/orange or red tracer wire and a heavier gauge white and brown tracer wire. Are any of these the one I should use or is there another wire I should be tapping into?

Appreciate any input.
Sponsored

Jolivar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Premium GT
I had the same question when installing line and I messaged Sai Li. He said it’s the yellow/gray wire instead.

Killswitch16GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP
I just did this install. Its the yellow/gray wire and connects to the PLUG side

OP
OP
fordfred

fordfred

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks to both of you. That was the last detail I needed to wrap this up.

racingmason

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
Yellow/gray other wise the pumps wont prime like factory.

Sponsored

Brent Davis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black Premium Mustang GT
Did you guys cut the yellow/gray wire in half and crimp the blue wires to the harness side or is the yellow/gray still a full connected wire but you splice the blue wires to it that way?

OP
OP
fordfred

fordfred

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you guys cut the yellow/gray wire in half and crimp the blue wires to the harness side or is the yellow/gray still a full connected wire but you splice the blue wires to it that way?
I cut the yellow/gray wire and crimped the blue wires to the yellow/gray wire coming out of the fpdm plug.

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
I believe this wire is not suppose to be cut,just tapped into,but i have different things.When i did mine i left the wire together and just tapped into it.

Brent Davis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black Premium Mustang GT
I believe this wire is not suppose to be cut,just tapped into,but i have different things.When i did mine i left the wire together and just tapped into it.
This is what people haven't really confirmed. Does it need to be cut entirely or stay in tact and just solder to it as whole. Tommy I think to be safe I will just do mine like you did yours........leave it connected as is like factory but cut some insulation back and solder the blue wires to it that and leave it be.

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
This is what people haven't really confirmed. Does it need to be cut entirely or stay in tact and just solder to it as whole. Tommy I think to be safe I will just do mine like you did yours........leave it connected as is like factory but cut some insulation back and solder the blue wires to it that and leave it be.
Yes that is how i.did mine and it was fine,primed fine just like stock and no.wrench lights.

slowr1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 MUSTANG GT
I cut my wire, then spliced them together and soldered. No wrench light and prime just like stock.
Sponsored