MrWolf

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
Rich coming from me, but I would be more inclined to use the paddles on wet/cold roads (especially after my crash as I was in D). I think one of the reasons my car kicked out was because as I accelerated, it dropped a gear. With paddles, you have more control.
Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Rich coming from me, but I would be more inclined to use the paddles on wet/cold roads (especially after my crash as I was in D). I think one of the reasons my car kicked out was because as I accelerated, it dropped a gear. With paddles, you have more control.
That is most unfortunately why it kicked down sending a lot more torque to back wheels and broke loose, assuming car was in normal mode?

D should be for town, country roads or any driving that involves acceleration you should be in manual mode.

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
So years ago with less tech and just a bog standard Auto Box, people never used to drive their cars in winter?
I will try wet mode, but as my 9 year old S197 with bog standard Auto Box was fine. Really am puzzled why this car seems to have gone backwards when driving her?
When I overtook that tractor and went down all these dirt muddy roads and parked at places like Durdle, Door. I drove as I have always driven my Mustangs and she was fine.
I can't believe these cars 9 years newer then my S197 are more dangerous and NO I don't think I am the world's best driver. I am a decent driver, have driven all over Europe.

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
More power and torque with the S550? I guess 9 times out of 10 everything will be fine. It's that 10th time that's the problem...

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
More power, heavier means it can bite, my S197 had 600BHP and was tighter in the rear but the S550 is still the better drive just gotta respect it.

My M3 has no such issues but it has less torque, more linear power delivery and is a better handling car by far in the wet.

Sponsored

OP
OP
MrWolf

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
Little update,

The insurance company have now started looking at sourcing me a replacement car to the specs I had. Would be surprised if they found one already here so I expect a new order may need to be raised.

Further waiting...

RobMJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 V8 Fastback Manual
Have you looked on AT and Pistonheads? If you found one you can always forward it to them. You will know what your doing more than them! If you do go new order perhaps I could forward you the people I used, 5 months from order to delivery or speak to Andy B? Anyways hope it gets sorted for you pronto mate.:thumbsup:

OP
OP
MrWolf

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
Have you looked on AT and Pistonheads? If you found one you can always forward it to them. You will know what your doing more than them! If you do go new order perhaps I could forward you the people I used, 5 months from order to delivery or speak to Andy B? Anyways hope it gets sorted for you pronto mate.:thumbsup:

Cheers mate, in all honesty, Im happy to wait with a new order (if it goes down that route). I don't believe wait times are as long as they used to be (I may be wrong).

I am insistent that I want in essence an exact replacement (magnetic, auto, no additions) so hope we do go down the new order route.

RobMJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 V8 Fastback Manual
Cheers mate, in all honesty, Im happy to wait with a new order (if it goes down that route). I don't believe wait times are as long as they used to be (I may be wrong).

I am insistent that I want in essence an exact replacement (magnetic, auto, no additions) so hope we do go down the new order route.
Ok no worries, I will keep my eye open and if that spec new turns up I will PM you. :headbang:

Sponsored

Jimmy Pancakes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue Mustang GT -ordered 22/5/16
Am I write in thinking you can only use paddles in Sport or Track mode? What do we think about these extenders?

The thing is I don't use my paddles on my Mazda 3 so in reality Im not sure I'd be confident using them on the Mustang.

RobMJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 V8 Fastback Manual
Am I write in thinking you can only use paddles in Sport or Track mode? What do we think about these extenders?

The thing is I don't use my paddles on my Mazda 3 so in reality Im not sure I'd be confident using them on the Mustang.
On my previous car (E92 M3 DCT) I only ever used the paddles, can't comment on the Stang but does give the driver more control of which gear to be in. Only when stuck in heavy traffic was using Auto mode.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Well, at least you're getting a new one, if they take a while 'finding' an order, you may be best suited to 'place' a new order of the same spec in Dec/Jan and chances are you'll pull one of the first MY18s in August.

Are they providing you with a courtesy car until they've replaced yours?

What's the situation about mods?

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Little update,

The insurance company have now started looking at sourcing me a replacement car to the specs I had. Would be surprised if they found one already here so I expect a new order may need to be raised.

Further waiting...

Good for you. I'd pressure them to get an order placed ASAP.......with any luck you'll take delivery next Summer :)

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Well, at least you're getting a new one, if they take a while 'finding' an order, you may be best suited to 'place' a new order of the same spec in Dec/Jan and chances are you'll pull one of the first MY18s in August.
This would be my personal route, but Mr Wolf seem to want an exact replica of his original.

I suspect Magnetic may no longer be an option on the '18MY (there will be a grey metallic, but likely a slightly different shade) as Magnetic has been available from '15-'17. The S197 went through several shades of grey, but then it was around for 10 years.

Also, hopefully the 10-speed auto will make it here for '18........and that would be a BIG plus for me.

Either way, let's hope Mr Wolf gets what he wants :)
Sponsored