Sponsored

S550 owners who carry firearms: What, and where?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TxOilMoney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Since this is a thread about where us Mustang guys carry our weapons, I figured I might as well mention another thread I started to show the AR mount I did to keep it secured in my trunk.
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39769
Good job. That is pretty creative. I guess that's the direction we're headed in. My 1911 isn't going to get it done anymore. A good friend of mine started carrying his Remington ACR in his 'vette. It weighs less than 8 lbs. and is 21" long, so it actually fits in the seat back pouch. (passenger side for easy access from driver's seat). Crazy world............

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Mustang GT w/PP & TurboBooster Seat
Since this is a thread about where us Mustang guys carry our weapons, I figured I might as well mention another thread I started to show the AR mount I did to keep it secured in my trunk.
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39769
Under the floor in the cargo area in my Forester there's a long compartment (I was told for an umbrella). Then there's the spire tire well, jack compartment and another compartment on the opposite side of the spare tire well.

I've got an upper in the umbrella compartment, lower in the jack, 2 mags in the misc. compartment, and a 6 mag pouch in the spare well. Takes about 5 seconds till it's assembled.

But on the passenger seat is a duffel bag with the SU-16C (with PA red dot and a TLR-1). So if I have to put the upper on the lower it's a really bad day.

Your rig....is that a custom job or does the kit have a name?

-Emt1581

B Gordon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Yellow 2015 GT
Your rig....is that a custom job or does the kit have a name?

-Emt1581
It is just a simple AR assembled from various parts with a rattle can paint job to keep it low key and cooler in the hot sun.
The poor thing has in excess of 10,000 rounds thru it while doing various training exercises and another 15,000 done at informal training.
Pretty worn but it is still reliable.
The optic changes depending on the specific scenario. In the duffle bag is a vest and 6 magazines and a magnified optic that holds zero when installed.
The optic on it in the picture is a non-magnified dot sight. The dust cover broke a couple of years back during some training and I really need to get it fixed but since I an retired these days I honestly have no interest in fixing it.

matteos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Shit, I live in Cali. If I even think of a gun in my ride then Jerry Brown himself comes down from his celestial oasis and inserts his danners into my ass. NOT the business...
Yeah. I think everything is illegal here unless it's in your house in a locked metal cabinet under 16 feet of concrete....

I keep one of these in my car, to stop people stealing it. It's on the backseat in case I ever need at least... something.

31X9TdKgYrL.jpg

Sponsored

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Yeah. I think everything is illegal here unless it's in your house in a locked metal cabinet under 16 feet of concrete....

I keep one of these in my car, to stop people stealing it. It's on the backseat in case I ever need at least... something.

31X9TdKgYrL.jpg
Totally, I originally thought of carying my .45 but its too much of an issue. Especially in the county that I live in.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

Sponsored

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It is just a simple AR assembled from various parts with a rattle can paint job to keep it low key and cooler in the hot sun.
The poor thing has in excess of 10,000 rounds thru it while doing various training exercises and another 15,000 done at informal training.
Pretty worn but it is still reliable.
The optic changes depending on the specific scenario. In the duffle bag is a vest and 6 magazines and a magnified optic that holds zero when installed.
The optic on it in the picture is a non-magnified dot sight. The dust cover broke a couple of years back during some training and I really need to get it fixed but since I an retired these days I honestly have no interest in fixing it.
...I actually meant the mount. :gossip:

But the gun certainly sounds cool to! :thumbsup:

-Emt1581

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

31X9TdKgYrL.jpg
Around 15 years ago I actually bought something to lock up the brake pedal. It's supposed to be the thickest piece of steel in the passenger compartment. Whereas I've seen people use a bolt cutter/saw on the steering wheel, slide The Club off, and drive away.

If you plan to use The Club for an actual club, why not toss a baseball bat in the back seat along with a worn ball and glove?

...add some barbed wire and you can make your very own Lucille! http://screenertv.com/television/walking-dead-season-6-finale-whos-safe-negans-bat/
-Emt1581

Last edited:

Emt1581

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After watching TWD last night... Maybe I do need a Vampire Bat..
I'll be honest, the show pissed me off with how much time they wasted making the point that Negan is a dick.

However, as a striking weapon, Lucille is really impressive on several fronts.

I mean seriously, can you imagine trying to defend against that without a gun??

-Emt1581
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.