Sponsored

S550 Mustang Track Day

TypeTridoron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Impala SS
GFD, sir, GFD. :cheers:

You did a track alignment on the car; how was it handling for you before this?

OP
OP
NotBlake

NotBlake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT (Base)
GFD, sir, GFD. :cheers:

You did a track alignment on the car; how was it handling for you before this?
It really wasn't a track alignment, more a general performance alignment. The specs follow:

Front Camber: -1.7 degrees
Rear Camber: -1.0 degrees
Front toe: +0.04 degrees
Rear toe: +0.03 degrees
Front caster: +7.5 degrees

Aside from making the toe a bit closer to zero, the only thing we did is take the rear camber from -2.0 degrees to -1.0 degrees. This can be done with the factory suspension and a skilled and willing tech (guy said it was a pain in the ass but he was determined to make it right).

Before this alignment, the car had some understeer at the limit which makes since with the greater rear camber than front. A $100 alignment job solved all that.

TypeTridoron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Impala SS
It really wasn't a track alignment, more a general performance alignment. The specs follow:

Front Camber: -1.7 degrees
Rear Camber: -1.0 degrees
Front toe: +0.04 degrees
Rear toe: +0.03 degrees
Front caster: +7.5 degrees

Aside from making the toe a bit closer to zero, the only thing we did is take the rear camber from -2.0 degrees to -1.0 degrees. This can be done with the factory suspension and a skilled and willing tech (guy said it was a pain in the ass but he was determined to make it right).

Before this alignment, the car had some understeer at the limit which makes since with the greater rear camber than front. A $100 alignment job solved all that.
Nice to know. :thumbsup: Enjoy that pony, man, she's a beaut.

Sponsored

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
^^ ha killing me with these gifs

Awesome video OP, looks fun

Last edited:

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Nice.

Suggest a first step be better pads (Carbotech XP's if they're available yet) and better fluid (Motul RBF600). Wider wheels to go with better tires - even the PP's 9.5" wide rear wheels aren't any too big.

Was this an SCCA Track night?

Norm

OP
OP
NotBlake

NotBlake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT (Base)
Nice.

Suggest a first step be better pads (Carbotech XP's if they're available yet) and better fluid (Motul RBF600). Wider wheels to go with better tires - even the PP's 9.5" wide rear wheels aren't any too big.

Was this an SCCA Track night?

Norm
Yep SCCA track night. Great event run very professionally and with a focus on getting people as much track time as possible.

Yes I'm definitely planning on bigger wheels and tires with a more aggressive compound. Along with racing pads and throw-away rotors.

Sponsored

GTerGone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT; '07 Sport Trac 4.6L
Thanks for posting. Hope to do that too once I get mine.

tweekdout

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP 6m
Good deal NotBlake - I was at that event too in the intermediate class breaking in a blue GT PP (1st time out on track). Nice stable video - what did you mount and shoot with?

For anyone interested in the Atlanta area, SCCA Track Night is a great way to get out and the groups were pretty civil (and you can't beat $150 and maybe a coupon).

There's a few clubs that do this stuff regularly but I haven't seen a Mustang group specifically yet...

http://www.tracknightinamerica.com

http://www.jzillatrackdays.com/

http://www.chinmotorsports.com/

Drmetcalf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dean
Vehicle(s)
50th Anniv Limited Edition Mustang 1607
Also interested in video equipment and mount Hope to take my '15 LE to a track soon.

wimbrow

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT fastback black
what speed

Had my first track day (period) in the 2015 Mustang GT and I couldn't have been more surprised with how well this car handled itself.

Check it out:
nice vid notblake. could i ask the speeds you were doing . on the big track it looks slow but by the tire sounds i know its not. thanks, tom

OP
OP
NotBlake

NotBlake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT (Base)
nice vid notblake. could i ask the speeds you were doing . on the big track it looks slow but by the tire sounds i know its not. thanks, tom
Haha didn't have much time to look down. I think the fastest i hit on the straight was about 100mph. And carrying about 80mph through the 14-15 section.

Regarding tire squeal, all seasons are a bitch, especially the 235s that the non-PP car comes with.

The primary camera is a cheap G1W-H dashcam that works wonderfully for everyday driving, and turns out to be great on the track. The mount is the standard suction cup mount. I think a lot of the stability comes from the dashcam being so light, so very little stress on its crappy little plastic mount.
Sponsored