Sponsored

S550 Mustang Global Launch Regions Map

z928

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Mustang
As I understand Ford Australia will cease production of there high performance vehicles FPV (supercharged coyote V8's) early 2014 only having the XR8 as base model with the Mustang being the FPV replacement late 2014.
I see. Its very interesting the Dealers in Australia are taking orders already? :confuse:
Sponsored

FordBlueHeart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Torr
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 301A PP1 A10 Magneride
Any dealer can take a deposit to order a car. Just puts you earlier in line for when the order banks open.

firstmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
QuantumTug
I see. Its very interesting the Dealers in Australia are taking orders already? :confuse:
Yes probably early as not officially released but dealers being dealers will take you money any time. Australia will have a demand that will outstrip supply for some time so if you have waited 50 years for a right hand drive Stang then put your money on the table!!
My dealer has indicated their initial allocation will only be a couple units?

firstmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
QuantumTug
z928 the last new ford i purchased, the all new Ranger Ute i couldn't get a test drive in an auto version so after 4 months ordered with out the test drive and waited another 7 months on delivery.

I'm not waiting that long for Stang!!!

JohnZiraldo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 Mustang GT Conv., 11 Edge Sport
What does Canada account for in sales right now?
Here are some numbers that can help answer that.

Canada's total population is about 10% of the US (Approx. 33M vs. 330M)

For all of 2011, Canada's total new car sales were 10.2% of the US. About the same as our population percentage would suggest.

For all of 2011, Canada's total Ford sales were 12.8% of the US. We like our Fords in Canada, with Ford easily outselling both GM and Chrysler and being the best selling brand in Canada for 2009-2013. We never forgave the bailouts.

For all of 2011, Canada's share of total US & Canada Ford sales was 11.4%.

I do not have separate numbers for the Mustang, but my bet would be that the percentages would be somewhat lower than total Ford sales due to warm state rental sales. Let's assume 10.0% of total US and Canada sales.

Ford's goal for Mustang then would be to sell roughly as many Mustangs in the rest of the world as they do now in Canada.

Sponsored

StangFX

Here are some numbers that can help answer that.

Canada's total population is about 10% of the US (Approx. 33M vs. 330M)

For all of 2011, Canada's total new car sales were 10.2% of the US. About the same as our population percentage would suggest.

For all of 2011, Canada's total Ford sales were 12.8% of the US. We like our Fords in Canada, with Ford easily outselling both GM and Chrysler and being the best selling brand in Canada for 2009-2013. We never forgave the bailouts.

For all of 2011, Canada's share of total US & Canada Ford sales was 11.4%.

I do not have separate numbers for the Mustang, but my bet would be that the percentages would be somewhat lower than total Ford sales due to warm state rental sales. Let's assume 10.0% of total US and Canada sales.

Ford's goal for Mustang then would be to sell roughly as many Mustangs in the rest of the world as they do now in Canada.
Thanks John, that sounds plausible. I wish we had more detailed info on take rate of each region too, that would be interesting to see.

By the way are they offering all 3 engines in Canada?
Sponsored