Run Power Active message - Stalling

Mikegig

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush Stage 3 Mustang
I had something odd happen last night. It's a 2015 Roush Stage 3 with 3k miles. While I had the clutch pedal depressed and in 2nd gear coasting in a parking lot at 5-10 mph, the engine shut down and got a "love note" in the center of my dash that said "Run Power Active". The ignition switch light was flashing. Hit the starter button to shut it down and then it refired. Googled that message and there seems to be problems across Ford/Lincoln products with similar situations (not widespread, but there have been instances - ie, Fusion, Focus, MKZ and Mustang). What I found in some other forums are not good - problem get's worse with little to no reaction from Ford. Talked to Roush this morning, They are not familiar with such a problem. Some people have experienced this while highway driving! Anyone ever experience this problem?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mikegig

Mikegig

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Actually posted this somewhere else a couple of days ago. Contacted my friend who is a service manager at a local Ford dealer. He's never heard of it. He went up the food chain and they want to reflash my ECM. Don't think they can do that - need to have ECM info from Roush. Any help out there?

OP
OP
Mikegig

Mikegig

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Nevermind. It was a bad battery. The battery was bad because the dealer was kind enough to put a new battery in when I picked up the car, but they didn't secure with the battery hold down. The battery has been bouncing around in the battery case for almost a year - destroyed internally from all the vibration. Ugh.

smann

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Nevermind. It was a bad battery. The battery was bad because the dealer was kind enough to put a new battery in when I picked up the car, but they didn't secure with the battery hold down. The battery has been bouncing around in the battery case for almost a year - destroyed internally from all the vibration. Ugh.
You'll be lucky if its a bad battery. Problem is pretty common.. Happens at random. Wont happen for months at a time, can't be replicated lol
Sponsored