Sponsored

Rumor - The GT500 thread

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
Demon is a somewhat street-able Drag Strip car with no passenger and rear seating but still weighs over 2 tons...talk-about niche market.
The ZL1 is not selling at $70K+...
Ford Performance has 12 cars slated before 2020
Sponsored

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Demon is a somewhat street-able Drag Strip car with no passenger and rear seating but still weighs over 2 tons...talk-about niche market.
The ZL1 is not selling at $70K+...
Ford Performance has 12 cars slated before 2020
Exactly my thoughts... the Demon is a street answer to the Cobra Jet. Imho, it is just an exercise to claim 1/4-mile king status. It won't turn left or right, which is sad cause even NASCAR can at least turn left.

Ford has time to bring out a ZL1 killer, still... and I am hoping that does happen but the closer we get to the S650's coming, that answer will likely be a s/c car based on a 350 platform.

I don't believe it will be called the "GT500" or "Mach 1" but rather will be an exercise in its own right and reserve it's on nomenclature. An "R" designation would steal from the 350R, and Shelby American just brought out their new ride so I think the "350" is out as well.

"Cobra" possibly, but I doubt it... we shall see.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
ford had 12 cars slated before 2020...how many do we currently count as ford performance? Can we actually count the 350 and 350R as separate cars? I don't think so... can we count unstreetable cars like the gt4 etc. If so, that's a drag...cobra jet?
Focus RS, Fiesta ST, raptor, GT, 350. That's 5 vehicles. I hope we REALLY are gonna see 7 more with only 3 years to go when we haven't gotten word of anything else haha.

The zl1 isn't selling because it's 70k...dodge proved you could sell 25,000 707 HP heavy turds in just a couple years for around 70k. There are other factors involved...like for 70k people would rather have a vette...or its because it just came to market and it's winter time. Who knows...but 70k cars sell...hell 100k cars can sell just as well it depends on what it's offering.

The demon is a niche market, but even with a 1 seater, which will have an option to have a passenger seat as well as able to buy a rear, that will sell. Isn't the GT is a niche market? The 350R is a niche market as well...they sell. At least dodge has the balls to make a 100k or less car that claimes the HP crown that can be driven on the street. True, I'm not interested in it, I'll be opening the wallet to the Zora. At least that thing is testing. Hehehe.
Would be different if ford offered a ME car that us non social media gurus could buy. How about an all aluminum version of the GT? 150K less? How about a competitor to the Zora? In the works? Would be nice.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In all honesty, and as a wake up call to FP, I'm going to be slightly skeptical of what will be coming down the pipeline... after the Tech Pack cooling debacle, the ongoing 350 oil line issue and now the Raptor issues, in going to question whether I should invest any further in their program.

I'm hoping my Raptor has no issues. I would love to have another 350R in Orange Fury but I don't think I can do that crazy-arse allocation war and price-gouge again.

Hopefully, FP will learn from the most recent falterings and roll out future product with better quality and service.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
In all honesty, and as a wake up call to FP, I'm going to be slightly skeptical of what will be coming down the pipeline... after the Tech Pack cooling debacle, the ongoing 350 oil line issue and now the Raptor issues, in going to question whether I should invest any further in their program.

I'm hoping my Raptor has no issues. I would love to have another 350R in Orange Fury but I don't think I can do that crazy-arse allocation war and price-gouge again.

Hopefully, FP will learn from the most recent falterings and roll out future product with better quality and service.
Another reason I'm leaning elsewhere. Grass isn't always greener on the other side but...I can tell you it won't have as much brown in it...especially as of late.

Sponsored

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Fell into a pot hole in Michigan and can't get bac
Vehicle(s)
Me crazy, and I can't help myself

I hadn't heard anything with the raptors, whats going on with them?

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sounds like there may be an issue with the 10-speed auto. A lot of trucks are being delivered with a lot of "testing" miles.

We can only speculate.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Another reason I'm leaning elsewhere. Grass isn't always greener on the other side but...I can tell you it won't have as much brown in it...especially as of late.
I will say this... if Ford were to come out with a Pantera based on the GT chassis and stuffed with a Voodoo I'd let them hold my Trayvax wallet hostage. :cheers:

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Mine was a 1/3 build with 11 miles on it when I got it. It runs good. No issues. The 10 speed flat out moves when you get on it. I've got about 500 miles and I'll take it in for a oil change next week.
Here are my issues. This isn't a dodge. The aluminum stamping process causes dents around door handles and tail light cut outs. All of them have it...not just the raptor...all the 150s. Absolutely no fix at the plant for it, and I find that Bullshit. Fix it, I could.
Was doing a clear Bra yesterday and they pointed out a large hairline in the front hood that overhangs the front lights. The bra snugged it down and now cant be seen. There are some areas under the truck that should have been painted and come rusted from the dealer. Other than that...and some of the software set up. It's a very well designed vehicle. Hope it holds up.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Yes, a Pantera would be right down my ally, and if it could compete with the GM zora, all the better. I'm hoping if that happened it wouldn't be a luxury ME...with a Lincoln name plate...same thing with this Zora, I'm hoping it's just called a GM Zora and not a caddy ME name plate. Something just wouldn't seem right TO ME about that. Do it right and it would be a winner.

Sponsored

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sounds like you're got past the testing crew.

Are you going to POR or Amsoil the underside?

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, a Pantera would be right down my ally, and if it could compete with the GM zora, all the better. I'm hoping if that happened it wouldn't be a luxury ME...with a Lincoln name plate...same thing with this Zora, I'm hoping it's just called a GM Zora and not a caddy ME name plate. Something just wouldn't seem right TO ME about that. Do it right and it would be a winner.
Agreed. I would so much like to see three trim packages:
"100A" - bare bones, no standard luxo equipment but option for racier parts,
"101A" - some standard luxo amenities, plus access to racier parts,
"102A" - all the bells n whistles and racier parts.

I'd bare-bones my Pantera and maybe add the upgraded seats if they had a CF seat package as in the Porsches.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Sounds like you're got past the testing crew.

Are you going to POR or Amsoil the underside?
I got it plastered with some tar looking stuff that stunk the whole garage up for a week. It took a long time to harden in the cold. They didn't hit the diff...which is where it's rusting. I'll have it blasted and painted in the summer...I may do it myself.

Agreed. I would so much like to see three trim packages:
"100A" - bare bones, no standard luxo equipment but option for racier parts,
"101A" - some standard luxo amenities, plus access to racier parts,
"102A" - all the bells n whistles and racier parts.

I'd bare-bones my Pantera and maybe add the upgraded seats if they had a CF seat package as in the Porsches.
That would be excellent to have options like that. It won't be cheap, but if done right, it will sell, I have no doubts.
Look, they had a line of 8000 people put their name in for a 450,000 GT. Even GM can see that there is a desire. 750 of the 8000 will get their car. That leaves 7250 more...
A lot of those guys couldn't afford a 450k car, but they most likely can afford a 200k + or - 25k car... them and more! Not saying they would sell all of those 8,000 in a year but I bet over a 3 to 4 year span they could

This is why the darn 05 06 GT sells for double MSRP..people want AMERICAN MADE MID ENGINE!!!
If I wanted a euro ME I'd already have one. I was close to getting a used GT last year but just couldn't pull the trigger. Mostly because it's lacking in performance compaired to similar cost ME euros. I seen that but almost did it anyway. Glad I'm holding out because I think there will be some good stuff coming down the pipeline ( hoping anyway)

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
If Ford could put the voodoo in a ME platform...at around 3000 lbs +. No reason at all that car should start above 120K . Sure, a bit of R & D and a new chassis but I bet they could sell 15,000 at that price without problems. Look at how many corvettes sold the last few years. Shit loads and a lot of those were around 100K I believe there are a lot of ford enthusiasts that would love a corvette competitor. I am one of those people!!

For me a American made ME car is a life long keeper, depending on reliability and timelessness. Make an affordable, performance ME and they will come.

just a quick link http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1096198_2019-chevrolet-corvette-c8-spy-shots
Sponsored

Last edited: