Sponsored

Rubbing Metal Noise Drivers Side Wheel Well and Suspension Pop Noise.

btaylor41690

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Competition Orange GT Premium
Hey so I was on vacation at the beach this week and went out to do some shopping yesterday. While driving around the shopping center, I could hear this super annoying, raspy, metal-on-metal sound reverberating off of other cars and walls and such and coming back to me. The sound gets worse whenever I turn the wheel while driving. Any Ideas was could cause this? I would descript it as sheet metal rubbing across another metal surface. Not too high pitched but not low either.

Also, I have noticed that sometimes when I back out of a parking space and cut the wheel all the way, I get a loud popping noise. The first time or two it happened, I thought I had hit a rock with my tires while backing up. But after the 5th or 6th time, that's clearly not the case. I'm wondering if these two issues I have experienced are related to each other. Now that I think about it, the popping comes from the front drivers side as well.
Sponsored

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Is your GT performance package? The rear torsen diff is known to make popping sound when making sharp turns.

OP
OP

btaylor41690

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Competition Orange GT Premium
Is your GT performance package? The rear torsen diff is known to make popping sound when making sharp turns.
Actually, no. I didn't get the performance package. I did upgrade to the performance pack wheels but I cant see that making any difference. Also, the pop come from the front of the car and I can feel it in the steering wheel.

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Actually, no. I didn't get the performance package. I did upgrade to the performance pack wheels but I cant see that making any difference. Also, the pop come from the front of the car and I can feel it in the steering wheel.
Oh well maybe there is something that is binding like a coil spring or something.

CTH621

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2015 GT, 2022 Shelby GT500
I get that metal on metal noise as well. Almost like a buzzing sound. It disappears after i rev the engine a bit or when i start driving the car from a complete stop.

Sent from my SM-N9200 using Tapatalk