Sponsored

Royal Purple Synchromax manual trans fluid swap?

PortlandTate

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnathan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Black on Black
Has anyone changed out their manual transmission fluid after break in? None of the auto shops can tell me what fluid to use, so I bought Royal Purple Synchromax after remembering someone mention it. Can anyone verify it's ok to use in our manual gearbox?
Sponsored

Ehdrian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang GT PP
Can I ask, Is it shifting better? I'm tired of this crunch into 2nd.

Varekai

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
But since you asked.... It didn't make much of an improvement. For me, anyhow. Amsoil may have been better. Nut what did make an improvement was a combination of the fluid and the Steeda bushing mount. Those two combined was nice.

Sponsored

Jewishthunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Magnetic GTPP
I'm going to do this swap tomorrow afternoon hopefully to the RP Synchromax. I may install the steeda bushing at the same time, so my results might not be accurate but I'll report back.

Phlyguy

International SAR Pilot
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Mustang GT with Recaro Seats
I'm going to do this swap tomorrow afternoon hopefully to the RP Synchromax. I may install the steeda bushing at the same time, so my results might not be accurate but I'll report back.
your temperatures in the SF bay region usually do not get below 30 degrees F if I recall hence you may be okay with Synchromax. I would consult the manufacturer to see if it an approved substitute for the Motorcraft dual clutch transmission fluid and XL18 friction enhancer first just to be on the safe side

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Ahhh steeda lol,their all over this form!!!!Just kidding dude but give steeda or any of the other manufacturers and they can help u out.

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
your temperatures in the SF bay region usually do not get below 30 degrees F if I recall hence you may be okay with Synchromax. I would consult the manufacturer to see if it an approved substitute for the Motorcraft dual clutch transmission fluid and XL18 friction enhancer first just to be on the safe side
I agree the amsoil and royal purple are being used to help with notchy shifting due to areas that very cold conditions.When i was in the low 30 s mine was a little notchy until warm.Now that it warmed up its alot better.

Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback

Jewishthunder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Magnetic GTPP
When I was reading around through the 10 other threads on trans fluid swaps, it seems to be the only one Ford has actually said meets their specs. That and one from Amsoil. So I'll see how it goes.

Rv-Junke

Rv-Junke
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2021 Black GT - PP
Thanks for the posts and info...I am having the dealer swap mine out Tuesday. I have 1,400 miles...

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
My dealer suggested using Ford Fluid i don't know what it was called but apparently if you add that to your oem fluid it makes a huge difference! I m also having 2nd even 3rd gear problems when the trans fluid is cold! This is getting ridiculous though! I had a ls3 camaro before it did have some grinding second gear as well but not like this one! I m afraid of transmission going bye bye if I don't be gentle for the first 10 minutes of driving

Demon Coyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Did anyone use the XL-18 transmission additive from ford when they did their fluid swap to Royal Purple or any other brand?
Sponsored