Roush tune blocking recall?

DrewT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium
My local Ford dealer said they couldn’t install the brake fluid warning update from the recent recall because of the Roush tune that came with the super charger. Is this true? Does Roush need to incorporate this recall into their tune?
Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Can you flash back to stock tune?

Have dealer pull car into bay, flash stock tune, have dealer flash recall, then re-flash the Roush tune?

Or is Roush a one time flash?

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
This is a common problem for Roush and Whipple cars. The dealers diagnostic machine identifies that the pcm osid is not stock and they hit a road block. The ford system allows you to manually enter what’s needed but many mechanics don’t know how to do it. Someone at Roush should be able to explain the process to the mechanic.

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt , 2015 Escape , 2015 F250
Vehicle Showcase
To perform the recall , the tech just needs to select aftermarket calibration when starting the IDS session. It is easy peasy when someone knows what there doing .

Schnder95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang Roush S/N 22-0001 TP
The only thing I had to do is just unplug roush osid and have him plug it directly into car then update then plug roush osid back in and done.

Sponsored

Schnder95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
It's whatever was plugged into the plug underneath the dash. He juat unplugged it, then upload and plugged it back in. I was not watching him that closely.

Schnder95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
It's whatever was plugged into the plug underneath the dash. He juat unplugged it, then upload and plugged it back in. I was not watching him that closely. Trying to get grass cut before rain.

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
I think that’s just the device that reads pedal position and speed to supply the info to the exhaust valve controller, and the aldl is pass-through. The osid is the operating system in the pcm.

Schnder95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
I think that’s just the device that reads pedal position and speed to supply the info to the exhaust valve controller, and the aldl is pass-through. The osid is the operating system in the pcm.
He did mention it was a pass thru so that makes sense now. I just reflashed tune when he was done. Just started it and let it run, but didn't drive it. I didn't notice any issues.

Sponsored
OP
OP
DrewT

DrewT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium
I asked the shop manager if I was out of luck on this recall and any future ones. He said to bring the car back because he believed to have found the update procedure. He claims to have now applied the recall update without affecting the Roush tune. I guess I could drain the brake fluid to see if the warning light comes on now 😁.

Robottrainer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Robottrainer
My local Ford dealer said they couldn’t install the brake fluid warning update from the recent recall because of the Roush tune that came with the super charger. Is this true? Does Roush need to incorporate this recall into their tune?
My solution was to just not have it done. I put tape over the obd2 port with NO! written on it. I have enough sense to know when brake fluid is leaking and I can eyeball the reservoir whenever I check the oil.

Buldawg76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecoboost Premium, 76 Harley shovel, 77 KZ1000
I asked the shop manager if I was out of luck on this recall and any future ones. He said to bring the car back because he believed to have found the update procedure. He claims to have now applied the recall update without affecting the Roush tune. I guess I could drain the brake fluid to see if the warning light comes on now 😁.
Just unplug the connector for the low fluid sensor in the side of the MC reservoir with engine running to check for brake warning lamp to come on. The tech should have done this since it is part of the recall procedure to test the lamp operation.

BD

OP
OP
DrewT

DrewT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium
Just unplug the connector for the low fluid sensor in the side of the MC reservoir with engine running to check for brake warning lamp to come on. The tech should have done this since it is part of the recall procedure to test the lamp operation.

BD
Yes. The service order says that they verified correct operation of brake warning.
Sponsored