dspenc8888

dspenc8888

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dawn
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Oxford White EB Prem 50Anniv, 201A
Can we get some more pics with different angles please? Been wanting to get the hood scoop.
I'll take some pics tomorrow. I really like it all. I looked at actual roush ecoboost at local dealer before getting them. I did not particularly like the 14 roush body kits so was surprised I like the 15, but when I was getting oil change walked the lot and really liked them.

I probably would have bought the roush stage1 had they been available when I was looking.

I really don't care what others think of these kind of mods. I get comments just about every time I stop for gas or sometimes even at lights, so it can't look that bad, just personal preference. On the ecoboost I felt the hood was a little plain and sides just needed something.
Sponsored

Varekai

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
I love the hood, but will probably hold off on the side for now since I can only afford one or the other. Personally I don't like the front end of the rousch body kit. Takes away from the nice curves of the 2015.

OP
OP
dspenc8888

dspenc8888

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dawn
Vehicle(s)
I like the looks of these! :)

I have been liking the idea of a hood scoop on my DIB. I was not sure if the side scoops would look to 'tacked on'. Both look good on your car!

Can you describe how you feel about the hood scoop and side scoops after having them on now (nuances)?

Is it possible to get the lighting in a way that a few shots from inside the car of the hood scoop will give us a sense of what you see from inside? Do you actually see the blackened back side of the scoop and does it give the illusion of the air gap of a functional scoop? Or does it look like the piece of black vinyl that it is (same question for the vinyl on front of scoop)?

I know ten holes are required to be drilled in the hood for the scoop. How many if any are required for the side scoops?
What was your price for parts and installation?
For all parts 980 and 425 installation at ford dealer Because hood install required the drilling, I decided to get it done at dealer and have them do it all. Hood is the only thing requiring drilling into body. Rocker winglets may have some drilling but don't remember If it was just into side plastic.

I don't like louvers, but I really like the window scoop the most.

OP
OP
dspenc8888

dspenc8888

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dawn
Vehicle(s)
I love the hood, but will probably hold off on the side for now since I can only afford one or the other. Personally I don't like the front end of the rousch body kit. Takes away from the nice curves of the 2015.
I agree about the roush facia, I think I like the stock one better.

davekro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Convertible, 3.7L, A/T, 051A, DIB

Sponsored

OP
OP
dspenc8888

dspenc8888

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dawn
Vehicle(s)
Can we get some more pics with different angles please? Been wanting to get the hood scoop.
OK here r some different angles. ha...my neighbors must think I'm an idiot taking pics of my car.
20150419_093741.jpg
20150419_093733.jpg
20150419_093702.jpg
20150419_093637.jpg
20150419_093608.jpg

OP
OP
dspenc8888

dspenc8888

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dawn
Vehicle(s)

pinero61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Ruby Red Base GT PP
Winglets require drilling, but only one screw at the bottom of the car.

I have the winglets and extractors installed. Also have the side scoops if any is interested in them.

Varekai

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Looks great, definitely getting the hood scoop next paycheck. Think I'll try installing it myself to save money.

Sponsored

DarkHorse850

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP 6-spd DIB
I really like the look of the hood scoop. I'm kind of on the fence about it though, due to the drilling.

davekro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Convertible, 3.7L, A/T, 051A, DIB
Can you not use 3m tape to hold it in place?
Interesting thought. I believe the installation does include 3m tape all around the perimeter. I'm guessing that especially with the heat, vibration and flexing of the hood that 'just' tape could lead to saftey issue of it coming loose or off. Especially in a collision. Makes 'my' mind think... but if I added spacers with wider strips of 3m tape along the perimeter inwards of what the kit supplies... would i feel comfortable with that? No way this would pass federal law muster or even 100,000 vehicle no issues installs, but for one off??? :shrug: Sure would be nice NOT to drill 10 hole in the BRAND NEW HOOD!!! ;)

I remember installing a sunroof once in my dodge colt in mt early years. Drilling and sawing the roof was hard to start. :eyebulge:

DarkHorse850

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP 6-spd DIB
Installed mine last night. Putting that first hole in the hood almost brought me to tears. Happy with the results though..!

OP
OP
dspenc8888

dspenc8888

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dawn
Vehicle(s)
Installed mine last night. Putting that first hole in the hood almost brought me to tears. Happy with the results though..!

I know what u mean. Looks great on DIB GT
Sponsored