Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB
Has anyone ever had a problem with the two bolts that connect the MAP tube to the airbox on the Roush kit? I was trying to put them back in and neither one would go in past about half way. One of them got stuck, and I ended up cracking the airbox trying to get it loose. I guess I am going to have to get a new part from Roush, but want to make sure I dont just have the same problem again.

PXL_20230120_013516215.jpg
Sponsored

Hadelson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hugo
Vehicle(s)
19 Roush RS3 P2, 6 speed; Lots of suspension work
Has anyone ever had a problem with the two bolts that connect the MAP tube to the airbox on the Roush kit? I was trying to put them back in and neither one would go in past about half way. One of them got stuck, and I ended up cracking the airbox trying to get it loose. I guess I am going to have to get a new part from Roush, but want to make sure I dont just have the same problem again.

Same issue here. Had to drill on end and install nut/bolt/washer combo. Very easy to cross thread or jam up with debris.

OP
OP
Mr. Met

Mr. Met

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
Same issue here. Had to drill on end and install nut/bolt/washer combo. Very easy to cross thread or jam up with debris.
So it seems its going to cost about $250 to replace the two pieces. You can't see it with the top on and for how big those bolts are they dont seem to be doing much. You think it would be ok right now with just the one bolt and doing something to patch the hole?

Hadelson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hugo
Vehicle(s)
19 Roush RS3 P2, 6 speed; Lots of suspension work
So it seems its going to cost about $250 to replace the two pieces. You can't see it with the top on and for how big those bolts are they dont seem to be doing much. You think it would be ok right now with just the one bolt and doing something to patch the hole?
I never ran with only one anchor point.

SH!FT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT premium 6MT VB
I've had my MAF tube out of the air box a couple times without damaging. The air box has always been out of the car while I secured the MAF tube bolts though. Pulling the air box probably isn't necessary, but I wouldn't recommend trying to secure the MAF tube to the box without first unclamping the intake boot from the MAF tube.
1674614863624.png

Page 66 shows the install the air box. I have good luck removing mine following the reserve order.
https://www.roushperformance.com/me...090&422184- 1318-6006IM-AC Mustang 101921.pdf

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mr. Met

Mr. Met

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
I've had my MAF tube out of the air box a couple times without damaging. The air box has always been out of the car while I secured the MAF tube bolts though. Pulling the air box probably isn't necessary, but I wouldn't recommend trying to secure the MAF tube to the box without first unclamping the intake boot from the MAF tube.
1674614863624.png

Page 66 shows the install the air box. I have good luck removing mine following the reserve order.
https://www.roushperformance.com/media/parts/manuals/422090&422184- 1318-6006IM-AC Mustang 101921.pdf
Yeah, of course I looked at the manual after the fact. I thought it was just an air filter, how hard could it be. The tube was unclamped and unconnected at the time. I have the piece that broke off and you can see why in wont go in anymore. Must be cross threaded as the bottom of the bolt is going into the threading at the end.

OP
OP
Mr. Met

Mr. Met

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
Might be about to plastic weld it.
Didn't think of that. I dont really understand why such big bolts are needed there in the first place. The two ends are just held on with hose clamps.

rjoseph1960

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Convertible GT

Mr.Met,
I was shorted 1 bolt for the Air Tube, and I ran with out it for 1year... When I add the second bolt, the plastic shrunk and the tolerance was very tite. When I assembled it, I let all clamps and bolts loose untill I had every starded. I hope this helps... Bob

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
1674614863624.png

https://www.roushperformance.com/media/parts/manuals/422090&422184- 1318-6006IM-AC Mustang 101921.pdf
I might point out using a power tool, top row>right.
Is not only insane it is stupid....and unnecessary.
Sponsored