Sponsored

Roush A/B too loud

Buellracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 magnetic GT/CS convertible
In his defense convertibles have a lot worse drone issues than coupes. Damn soft top doesn't keep the sound outside as well as the metal roof.
This is why I was so hyper critical of finding great tone with absolutely no drone. The S type definitely has exhaust noise but no drone whatsoever.
Sponsored

Buellracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If the the roush axle backs are to loud I would recommend the borla touring, louder than stock but not annoy the neighbors loud (I have the s-type catback which is fairly loud especially on a cold morning startup.) I think the next best thing is to put back the stock exhaust but leave the h-pipe.

Hey Buellracer do you get a weird sound at around 2250 rpm.
Sometimes (very rare, as in I've got it to happen twice) if I'm accelerating from a stop and then stab about 1/4 throttle to pick up the pace somewhere around there I get the slightest split second of a different sound almost like a lion involuntarily yawning before a roar... I think it's some certain frequency and perfect amount of throttle (volume) that makes it reverberate after the 2 1/2" step up. Could be wrong but it's my hypotheses and btw it is very hard to make mine reproduce it. I could probably do stop and go to 40 mph traffic for an hour and make it happen once

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
In his defense convertibles have a lot worse drone issues than coupes. Damn soft top doesn't keep the sound outside as well as the metal roof.
true

silentbob420bd

Silentbobftbd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Estevan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (pp)
Sometimes (very rare, as in I've got it to happen twice) if I'm accelerating from a stop and then stab about 1/4 throttle to pick up the pace somewhere around there I get the slightest split second of a different sound almost like a lion involuntarily yawning before a roar... I think it's some certain frequency and perfect amount of throttle (volume) that makes it reverberate after the 2 1/2" step up. Could be wrong but it's my hypotheses and btw it is very hard to make mine reproduce it. I could probably do stop and go to 40 mph traffic for an hour and make it happen once
I thought it was just me, my conditions are the same I just wanted to know if it was just me. It freaked me out the first time.

Sponsored

Fabulous

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium Performance Pack Mustang
Removed my Roush axle back and X pipe and replaced it with the MagnaFlow Street 19100. Looks and sounds perfect. I don't hear any drone and sounds perfect and all RPM's.
IMG_0483.JPG
IMG_0481.JPG
IMG_0479.jpg

Buellracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks good, heard good things about the street system.

OP
OP

way2qk4u2c

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Vert
So i went to the exhaust shop and had them put the stock resonator in- sounds perfect now. exactly like the 2011 mustang i have. Yeah the convertible has a little more noise but highway speeds its totally fine. I love it!

MagnaFlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550
Removed my Roush axle back and X pipe and replaced it with the MagnaFlow Street 19100. Looks and sounds perfect. I don't hear any drone and sounds perfect and all RPM's.
Looks great, Fabulous! Our Street system has been a popular choice for convertible owners because the volume is a bit more conservative, and still allows you to drive daily without being intrusive.

Sponsored

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP 6MT Race Red
If the the roush axle backs are to loud I would recommend the borla touring, louder than stock but not annoy the neighbors loud (I have the s-type catback which is fairly loud especially on a cold morning startup.) I think the next best thing is to put back the stock exhaust but leave the h-pipe.
Not meaning to hijack, but I am hoping the stock mufflers with a FRP X-pipe will get me the sound I'm looking for. If not it looks like the Borla Touring would add more volume. I still need to finish the 1000 mile break in before I do anything so I can do three base pulls on a friend's DynoJet.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Not meaning to hijack, but I am hoping the stock mufflers with a FRP X-pipe will get me the sound I'm looking for. If not it looks like the Borla Touring would add more volume. I still need to finish the 1000 mile break in before I do anything so I can do three base pulls on a friend's DynoJet.
It's definitely louder, but is very tinny and raspy. The sound quality is only good at idle and part throttle.

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP 6MT Race Red
It's definitely louder, but is very tinny and raspy. The sound quality is only good at idle and part throttle.
Which? The X-pipe and stock, or X-pipe and Borla Touring AB's?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Which? The X-pipe and stock, or X-pipe and Borla Touring AB's?
X-Pipe and stock mufflers. Was OK for a while but if I could do it over again, I wouldn't start with a resonator delete. The Borla Touring catback will be a very nice sound overall that's not loud at all, but most definitely audible as an aftermarket exhaust. A lot of axlebacks sound pretty good with the stock resonator, too, FYI.
Sponsored