Sponsored

Rotorpros Drilled/slotted Rotors

pockama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 MBZ G65AMG, 2016 Ford GT, 2016 RR PHANTOM
I wonder it they can drill the oem disks?
Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback

347CobraII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Drilled IS a novelty. Ask anyone who actually tracks their car. Also look at actual race cars with iron brakes, you won't find holes.

The holes create an area of uneven heating which eventually cracks during racing. Drilled rotors are thrown in the trash by guys who use their cars hard.

Also, in the examples you listed, many of those cars are only available with carbon/carbon brakes. That is an entirely different ballgame from iron rotors. If they do feature holes, they are cast into the rotor, not drilled, and they are aesthetic because 90% of their customers will never use the car the way it was intended.

Here are multiple MAJOR performance brake manufacturers who DO NOT even make drilled rotors, and actually advise against it....

http://ebcbrakes.com/articles/dangerous-cross-drilled-rotors/

https://www.alconkits.com/alcon-blog/85-drilled-rotors-and-cracks

I remember when they did try drilled rotors on heavy race cars = exploding rotors. Drilled rotors work fine on motorcycle but not heavy car

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2023 F150 Raptor
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Drilled IS a novelty. Ask anyone who actually tracks their car. Also look at actual race cars with iron brakes, you won't find holes.

The holes create an area of uneven heating which eventually cracks during racing. Drilled rotors are thrown in the trash by guys who use their cars hard.

Also, in the examples you listed, many of those cars are only available with carbon/carbon brakes. That is an entirely different ballgame from iron rotors. If they do feature holes, they are cast into the rotor, not drilled, and they are aesthetic because 90% of their customers will never use the car the way it was intended.

Here are multiple MAJOR performance brake manufacturers who DO NOT even make drilled rotors, and actually advise against it....

http://ebcbrakes.com/articles/dangerous-cross-drilled-rotors/

https://www.alconkits.com/alcon-blog/85-drilled-rotors-and-cracks
And there are multiple MAJOR performance brake manufacturers who DO make drilled rotors.

GT350 and GT350R...both come with drilled rotors (and we know for sure the R is designed for track use)
Corvette Z06...drilled rotors (also a track-prepped car)
Nearly every Lambo, Ferrari, Bugatti, (insert super-car) and most still come with iron disc brakes...

But what do I know...I'm not a vehicle or brake engineer so all these manufacturers must be idiots....

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
And there are multiple MAJOR performance brake manufacturers who DO make drilled rotors.

GT350 and GT350R...both come with drilled rotors (and we know for sure the R is designed for track use)
Corvette Z06...drilled rotors (also a track-prepped car)
Nearly every Lambo, Ferrari, Bugatti, (insert super-car) and most still come with iron disc brakes...

But what do I know...I'm not a vehicle or brake engineer so all these manufacturers must be idiots....
so lets ask the experts here.... the GT35R rotors are only drilled and NOT slotted? so what's right, what's wrong? What functions and what doesn't? why would engineering Idiots at Ford and the rest use a drilled rotor for track?? All you racers say you wont find then at the track?????? :confused::confused::confused: Definitely look better though! I might just have to get a set!!! :cheers:

Super Werty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 PP GT
Porsche gt3 has drilled two piece. Anyone who tracks them knows they will Crack. It's just another maintenance thing. Cheaper than carbon ceramic disks.
Sponsored