05 STNG
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
DIB Fastback V8 Manual
Hi all,

I attended a dealer launch last night in Sydney (Australia) where they had a LHD Yellow GT. First one I have seen in the flesh & it looks great.

A couple of observations & looking to hear if this is standard

1) the rotars were plain vented discs, where I would have thought they would have been dimpled & slotted - is this an option
2) this model didn't have Recaro seats but plain leather look alike - is this a different option

cheers in advance for your feedback
Sponsored

P4RKER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Fastback
The stock seats have very good lateral support and are similar in appearance to the recaros because of this. I do not know if recaros will be an option in Australia but I have the stock leather seats and find the lateral support to be more than enough for anything short of a track. There is no option for slotted rotars. This brake setup is identical to the 2014 GT500 and it was not even able to overheat or damage anything with it's 662hp powerhouse. Even on track days you will not need any extra heat disapation than what these provide.

ilkhan

435 ilkhan approved HP.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[Gone 2016 400A] > 2017 F150
In the US you can order leather (premium), recaros (standalone option), or both to get leather recaros (not heated, not cooled, manual adjustments).

The premium/leather non-recaros are heated, cooled, powered, and offer pretty good lateral support without costing an extra $1800 and giving up the leather seat goodies.

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
You will want to wait for better rotor options anyway. Roush, Stoptech, Steeda, Baer etc.

Last edited:
OP
OP

05STNG

05 STNG
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
DIB Fastback V8 Manual
thanks guys for the feedback, its good to heat positive feedback on the seats & brakes.

Just another question, do most cars come with a full size spare, or emergency spare (much thinner) or just cans of puncture repair kit?

Sponsored

P4RKER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Fastback
thanks guys for the feedback, its good to heat positive feedback on the seats & brakes.

Just another question, do most cars come with a full size spare, or emergency spare (much thinner) or just cans of puncture repair kit?
Completely depends in the states whether you get a mini spare or no spare based on package you order. Your country may have different requirements regarding spares though so no ability to speculate without more info.

madweazl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350
Vehicle Showcase

The performance pack doesnt come with a spare but I thought I'd read it was an option(?).

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
The performance pack doesnt come with a spare but I thought I'd read it was an option(?).
not an option with PP. at least in north america.

khaosryder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
'15 RR 100A EB PP
not an option with PP. at least in north america.
The spare is an option everywhere that the default is the tire inflation kit.

That being said, totally agree with P4RKER, Ford will put the cheapest option they are allowed to do so by law, so it varies by state and country. Check with your local dealers they should know or be able to ask around.
2015-07-08 00_15_57-2015 Ford Mustang_ Build and Price _ Ford.png

MSMStannyl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium - Triple Yellow

That being said, totally agree with P4RKER, Ford will put the cheapest option they are allowed to do so by law, so it varies by state and country. Check with your local dealers they should know or be able to ask around.

Wow. This is news to me. I was told by the dealer that they simply don't get spare tires. Mine is a GT Premium (non-PP) with the 20" wheel option and I just got a flat repair kit (compressor and some fix-a-flat).

Sponsored

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP

No it is not for the GT PP. You build the car, add the PP and then try add the spare tire and see what happens.

The spare will not clear the PP front brakes.
Capture.JPG

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
Not available for 20" wheels.
I called Ford's roadside service for a flat tire because my compressor kit was DEFECTIVE :rolleyes:
image.jpg

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Not available for 20" wheels.
I called Ford's roadside service for a flat tire because my compressor kit was DEFECTIVE :rolleyes:
How did that work out for you. What was the wait time?

jrt6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 White Ford Mustang GT Premium, 6MT
I bought the 18" spare from ford and mine has the 20" wheels. If the puncture is small enough I'll use the tire repair kit.

If it's too big and the puncture is in the rear tire I'll have to put the spare on the front and and the front's good tire to the back so I don't damage the rear diff. Apparently the 2" size difference could damage the rear diff because it's a LSD.

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
I bought the 18" spare from ford and mine has the 20" wheels. If the puncture is small enough I'll use the tire repair kit.

If it's too big and the puncture is in the rear tire I'll have to put the spare on the front and and the front's good tire to the back so I don't damage the rear diff. Apparently the 2" size difference could damage the rear diff because it's a LSD.
There isn't a 2" difference in the overall diameter of the wheel+tire. I am surprised you can't get the spare with the 20" from the factory. Assuming the 18" spare is about the same overall diameter as the factory 18" wheels+tires, I don't get it.
Sponsored