Sponsored

Rokblokz and small rocks stuck between flap.

Jpump

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1(Need For Green)
So, I've had Rokblokz on my car for about 5-6 months now, and I constantly have loose stones stuck between the flap and the front fenders. Is is this common problem with anyone else? I don't really want to remove them to clean out the stones only to have them come back the next day.
Sponsored

BlkMach10510

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
So, I've had Rokblokz on my car for about 5-6 months now, and I constantly have loose stones stuck between the flap and the front fenders. Is is this common problem with anyone else? I don't really want to remove them to clean out the stones only to have them come back the next day.
I have Rokblokz too and have not had that issue. I would make sure they are completely against the car, they do move sometimes so loctite might help on the screws.

OP
OP
Jpump

Jpump

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
I did use loctite when I installed them. I emailed Rokblokz and I'll see what they say. Guess they aren't forming to the fenders correctly and leaving a gap. The rears are fine, just the fronts end up with rocks stuck behind them.

OP
OP
Jpump

Jpump

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
Heard back from Rokblokz and they said it hasn't been reported as a problem. Guess I'll take them off next Sunday when I paint my brake calipers and reinstall them.

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Heard back from Rokblokz and they said it hasn't been reported as a problem. Guess I'll take them off next Sunday when I paint my brake calipers and reinstall them.
I have had front and rear Rokblokz on my 18 for 5 years. They have always collected little pebbles, more so the front ones. A satay stick comes in handy for removal.
I have some 3M 7mm double sided adhesive tape that I thought I would put in the space. Just have to get around to doing it one day.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jpump

Jpump

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
I have had front and rear Rokblokz on my 18 for 5 years. They have always collected little pebbles, more so the front ones. A satay stick comes in handy for removal.
I have some 3M 7mm double sided adhesive tape that I thought I would put in the space. Just have to get around to doing it one day.
I might throw some double sided tape on them along that spot and see if that helps. I'll try taking them off first and remounting them and see if they're just not tight enough and leaving a gap.

Reactions: PKs

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
I have the same minor annoyance with mine too. I just use a credit card to flick them out.

I was thinking a piece of adhesive backed soft closed cell foam strip could fill in the area behind just behind the painted fender edge. I think the rocks are coming from within the fender well side and not from the outside edge.

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
I have ZL1 guards. The fronts have black 3M tape and I never have a problem with pebbles. I think that's your answer.

The rear guards can also collect a lot of stuff. You can cut and stuff some pieces of foam to fill the gap back there (i.e. behind the bumper cover).

Aside:
I have wrestled with keeping the rears properly attached for years. They are finally good once I implemented a combination of the RokBlokz method and ZL1 method (with JB Plasti-weld for two of the plastic blocks).

OP
OP
Jpump

Jpump

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
I stuck some tape behind them over the weekend since it was cloudy outside, and so far so good.

DemonGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Mustang GT, 2021 Mustang GT PP1
Mine collect pebbles also. Pics of the tape you used?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Jpump

Jpump

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)

DemonGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Mustang GT, 2021 Mustang GT PP1
So your just using the tape to keep the rokblokz tight to the car?

OP
OP
Jpump

Jpump

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
Yeah. I reinstalled them and there was still a gap, so I'm not sure what's wrong with them. So the tape seems like the best solution to me.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Yeah. I reinstalled them and there was still a gap, so I'm not sure what's wrong with them. So the tape seems like the best solution to me.
I just don’t think there’s enough flex in the plastic that it totally curves with the fender. I have the same issue with mine. I have a roll of 3M tape, I might just tape mine as well

OP
OP
Jpump

Jpump

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
I just don’t think there’s enough flex in the plastic that it totally curves with the fender. I have the same issue with mine. I have a roll of 3M tape, I might just tape mine as well
That's probably it. They hold their shape, but if you bend them back, they get a little wavy. Oh well, not too big of a deal if the tape holds and stops stones from getting in there.
Sponsored