5LTR550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Efren
Vehicle(s)
2018 Premium GT A10 401a 2017 Focus ST
Vehicle Showcase
No, the roush spoiler does not have the cut out for the 3rd brake light. That makes it fit on coupes only. I tried to contact Roush so that I could see if they would ever make one for convertibles and I got totally sloughed off.

I found this one on american muscle after a lot of searching. It's sort of confusing the way it is labeled, but hey, it works, and now I have the exact spoiler I was looking for since I bought my car!
I cannot remember who's car it is, but I swear I saw a vert with roush spoiler, with the cut out for the brake light. I even want to say it was a CS witht he roush. I remember because I have the roush wing and my sis in law has the cs vert so it sticks out in my memory banks.....

Texatl

Insensitive jerk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Prem, 6spdMT, Shadow Black
OP
OP
robertwsimpson

robertwsimpson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
I cannot remember who's car it is, but I swear I saw a vert with roush spoiler, with the cut out for the brake light. I even want to say it was a CS witht he roush. I remember because I have the roush wing and my sis in law has the cs vert so it sticks out in my memory banks.....
I'd like to see that. the CS comes with a top mount spoiler with drilled holes, so converting to the roush would require major surgery.

OP
OP
robertwsimpson

robertwsimpson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible

Sponsored

OP
OP
robertwsimpson

robertwsimpson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
So, today, I finally got everything that I needed to install the intake... two machined bolts to put in the MAF meter and a very weird coupling that was not included when I purchased it.

The intake comes with a length of hose on a barb fitting that has this on the other end.
IMG_2977.JPG

searching for this proved to be very difficult, so I went to a local parts store and they actually MADE me this:
IMG_2979.JPG

So, I was able to put everything together and end up with this:
IMG_2981.JPG

But then I pulled out of my driveway and realized that there is something VERY wrong with my car right now. The slightest bit of throttle input revs it to like 5k rpm and then it feels like it's going to die. Thinking it must be the tune, because the command and actual throttle values seem to not be anywhere near each other... Not sure, will report more soon.

DarkHorse5.0

Project White Label
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryn
Vehicle(s)
Whippled 2015 GT PP
Dang man I feel like a dick now :( I'm glad you were able to find the parts you needed. You had the car tuned for the JLT right? Bama, if I can recall correctly yeah? Have you emailed them about this yet?

OP
OP
robertwsimpson

robertwsimpson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
ha no worries, just happy I was able to find the stuff fairly easily and locally.

I emailed Bama about the tune. No response yet. I only had the chance to try the flex fuel tune, so I'm going to try to load the others tonight and see if it changes anything. I don't know what would be throwing the throttle angle off by so much. I'm going to log as well and see if that's what is really happening.

DarkHorse5.0

Project White Label
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryn
Vehicle(s)
Whippled 2015 GT PP
Yeah that's crazy man. I a little blip of the throttle should not push the rpms to 5k! I don't have much experience with tunes but everything should be all good if you had Bama tune for the JLT and that tune was flashed before firing her up :confused:

Sponsored

5LTR550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Efren
Vehicle(s)
2018 Premium GT A10 401a 2017 Focus ST
Vehicle Showcase
I'd like to see that. the CS comes with a top mount spoiler with drilled holes, so converting to the roush would require major surgery.
yup my sister has a white vert cs I know the drill ;) see what I did there. lol
He could have plugged the holes or get them filled nicely im sure. It looked great at any rate

OP
OP
robertwsimpson

robertwsimpson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible
Well, my latest order from American Muscle showed up in this box:
IMG_2988.JPG

which is not really their fault, more UPS's fault, but then I see the box for the raxiom 4th brake light kit that I ordered came in this box:
IMG_2985.JPG

which has obviously been opened. I was starting to get upset, but then I opened the box and saw the contents:
IMG_2986.JPG

isn't there supposed to be some packaging inside? It looks like someone bought it, threw it around, threw it back in the box, and sent it back. Then AM just taped the box shut and sent it to me. Still, I've been wanting this for a while, so I went on and opened the bulb and found the base broken off:
IMG_2987.JPG

I can't say how disappointed I am right now. I hope that AM makes this right in an amazing way.

In other news, I found my nickel!
IMG_2984.JPG

Just kidding, still trying to chase down a pesky rattle.

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Update: american muscle taking raxiom kit back no questions asked. Thank you!
I figured they would but jesus how did they let it go out like that!