Sponsored

Road trip!!

Triton54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
18 GT A-10 (mine) 17 GT pp, 6spd (wifes)
Yes they are! drove to Indy and back last month, car had less than 1000 miles on it, was a very pleasant trip!
Sponsored

Nitronorth

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rock
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Auto
I bought my stangs just for roadtrips as my favorite roadtrip car just got tired out and the stang was closest car to it they now make. I have done the economy car thing, but no more,hate riding in pisspots all day compared to this. So far 12,000 miles on this one since March. .Lots of 800 mile days in there! Love it, comfy and smooth, good range, and can pass everything i need to..:) Heading south again in a week.

saf1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang GT Performance Pack
2015 Mustang GT/PP road trip.

Sacramento->Las Vegas->LA (Disneyland)->Sacramento: 1,225 miles give or take. Never felt tired driving, no tickets, pretty much uneventful regardless time of day or night driving. Few spirited runs while passing through parts of the Mohave but also nothing stupid since it was more or less a couples retreat friendly drive :) Only complaint is that the Recaro's are not really friendly to long trips unless properly adjusted.

Will be pulling a much longer run here towards the later part of summer possibly. Sacramento->Key West, Floridia->Atlanta->New Orleans->Las Vegas->Sacramento which is roughly a little over 7,000 miles. Daughter and I are going to make that run. No idea why but under the influence of a couple whiskies I was like hey - doesn't this is fun (explaining the suggested drive). My wife was like you are crazy but my daughter was like I got shotgun! So it is on. Wife will fly and meet us in New Orleans for a couple days.

Hard to believe but the car really is road friendly as long as you are not stuck in stop and go traffic with a manual. That is about the only time I find it somewhat uncomfortable but that is also due to the situation and Recaro seats.

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
I drove my first Mustang (brand new 69 351 with GT package) coast to coast when it was less than one month old and then again several times in the first two years. My 12, 15, and now 18 Mustangs have driven from Raleigh to the Midwest MANY times in the last few years. So far my 18 GT PP has one over 2500 mile and one 3700 mile road trip this year.

OP
OP
Numa210

Numa210

Numa210
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT 6MT
Gotta say I agree with all of you guys! The car is just too damn comfortable and fun. Cannot see myself ever getting out of the mustang scene

Sponsored

saf1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang GT Performance Pack
Gotta say I agree with all of you guys! The car is just too damn comfortable and fun. Cannot see myself ever getting out of the mustang scene
Funny you should mention that. You are correct - hard to get out of the scene if you will but also very possible when you are at 10,000 feet in a Raptor running the Coyote Flats trail in California!

I was at the dealer with my son when he was picking up a new focus he ordered. They had a great looking Raptor there that I was eye balling after that run above. Had they removed the beyond gross ADM and giving me a bit better price on my '15 I would have walked out the door with that thing.

Somethings you just can't do in a Mustang and driving that trail is one. Then again same goes with the Raptor I guess...

whalesalad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
In two weeks my wife and I are packing up and moving from Detroit to Orange County. 2,400 miles!

She's gonna be in her 2016 STI (Cobb Stage 2) and I'll be in my PP GT. Contemplating a flex fuel tune but not sure if that would be best to dabble with after the long drive.

Been preppin.... ordered two high-end UHF/VHF walkies, a bunch of gopro accessories to record the whole trip, and a few odds and ends to get done before the trip. Gonna ceramic coat the wheels and tape up both vehicles with blue masking tape.
IMG_5556-1.jpg

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium A10-3.55-400a
Vehicle Showcase
My 2006 Mustang GT I drove as little as possible, it never saw rain or snow and it lived in the garage.

This new 2018 Mustang GT I started that way, bought it on April 6th this year and stuck it in the garage. A few days into owning it I took it out for longer and longer drives and during one Sunday it looked like it was going to storm so I headed home.

Half way home it started coming down hard and I just thought, who friggin cares?? I kept driving.... the car didn't melt, it's the same car so now 2 months later I'm at 2450 miles and driving it every chance I can.

It's not my daily driver but I am driving it every chance I get not giving a good crap how many miles I put on her.

In 2 weeks I'm taking her to Arkansas so will be adding another 1500 miles on the car. I can't wait. :thumbsup:

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium A10-3.55-400a
Vehicle Showcase
Agreed, and time goes by fast, bought my first new Mustang 5.0 LX Coupe June of 1985 and have had 8 of them since. Will always have one, Ford tried to kill the car by changing it into the Probe, hopefully that kind of idiocy never happens, if it doesn't I'll die owning a Mustang.

Sponsored

Madtel4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
21 MACH 1, HP 1064, 20 Ranger XLT & 20 Explorer ST
940 on car.

With 940 miles on my 18 we are off on 1700 mile trip thru Co. Over Trail Ridge road 12,183 ft above sea level. The A10R80 is super in the mountains. I have about 500 more miles to get home but this is the best road car I have had. Most driving was in Sport, I changed to Normal on a very rough road, steering and trans in Sport. The last I looked 24 MPG, over 500 miles of this trip so far was at 80 MPH on I-70.
Lee
:first:

EARACHE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT.
flew out to Cincinatti Ohio to pick mine up...drove home 1,400 miles.
loved every mile. road trips are what I had my car built for.
Sponsored