Sponsored

Road & Track chimes in on Weight Gain!

GTsquid

Yea all guesses. Because we don't have enough of those.
Sponsored

PowerUp

Threads
Reaction score
So all manufacturers should release info before its ready because other people decided to start false rumors?
The ONLY great unknown, at this moment for Start Of Production, is it's weight. Why the secret? If they know the prices, and the components, and the packages, and the powertrains, they ALSO know the weights. Right?

So why would they progogate and/or endure such a widespread sh!tstorm? This story isn't just in the enthusiast mediums; it's spread like a California wildfire.

What a truly ridiculous statement.
It fits, apparently. If not, then simply extinguish it...

WOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gokart
If GM makes a decent looking camaro and IS lighter than my 13 and faster, My 13 is going up for sale. Not looking good however for the s550 with all these rumors atm...this is reminding me of 1993-1994 all over again..
1994 was a rush job after the Mustang Probe debacle. They've had more than enough time to get the 6g right unless....

It's just my guess bro. New platform, not enough weight savings built in with a lot of new parts and safety features and it all adds up.
I don't think this a is a new chassis at all a but a rehash of the S197 with a new skin and green house. Now that I think about it the whole floor board looks the same.
I can certainly see an existing chassis being used with a bunch of parts piled on there for gaining weight.

GTsquid

The ONLY great unknown, at this moment for Start Of Production, is it's weight. Why the secret? If they know the prices, and the components, and the packages, and the powertrains, they ALSO know the weights. Right?

So why would they progogate and/or endure such a widespread sh!tstorm? This story isn't just in the enthusiast mediums; it's spread like a California wildfire.

It fits, apparently. If not, then simply extinguish it...
You are assuming that all mfgs release info as soon as they know. Even if engineering is done, marketing plays a huge role in timing of info. They are still selling 2014's right? Maybe that plays a part in the decision. Who knows.

Start of production is already known (8/11). Also not sure your assumption that because all prices, components and powertrains are known, that they have an exact weight figure locked down. I'm sure they must know very closely but who knows if they are still working on shedding the last few pounds. It's not like they don't have time between now and August to change a few minor parts here and there.

Again, WHO KNOWS. All just guessing here so unless you know for sure that Ford is just resting on their laurels, twisting their whiskers at how tormented we are, maybe best to put down the pitchforks for now.

leftywayn

Past Mustangs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda3
So all Road and Track does is reinforce Steeda's weight gain 'Rumor'

Essentially it's all but Confirmed.

Sponsored

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
So all Road and Track does is reinforce Steeda's weight gain 'Rumor'

Essentially it's all but Confirmed.
Negative don't feed the rumor mill Road & Track has no more information then anyone else. Anyone can say they have an inside man. Take...A...Breath and go read or talk about something else. The Mustang weight gain rumor discussion is just beating a dead horse. Let the horse be[Ignore repost sign]:repost::repost::repost::repost:

Gman11Gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
All we know for sure is that this car is at least a looker. It will have an IRS. It will have more HP then current models. It will have some nice features that the current one doesn't have.

You can go kiss up to your dealer to maybe let a 2014 GT go for under 30k out the door and you will be happy for what is for the price.

We might now know the exact specs yet, but my guess this will be the heaviest porker of a production Mustang ever. A nice 50 year present, eat more, and be happy! (Go make your run to the burger king drive in).

sponkey21

Threads
Reaction score
I don't see how the GT models could have gained so much more weight than the V6. And the ecoboost gained weight vs what? I don't think they are comparing model to model, but rather all to the lightest 2014 option. My guess is that all these weight figures are as compared to a base 2014 V6. The 2015 V6 and ecoboost weigh 50-70 pounds more than the base 2014 V6 and a fully loaded every option 2015 GT Premium weighs 250 pounds more than that same base 2014 V6.

Then factor on top of that the fact that this is a rumor. Even as a rumor I feel it is distorted info that is being misread. It could possibly both be true and bit as bad as we are reading it. It could also be complete BS just like Steeda's estimate.

I do not see the car gaining so much weight. They didn't add that much. For instance - it's not like they threw a second set of brakes on the car just different calipers and pad and disc compound. People talk like these changes add 50 pounds and it's only really at most 5. Just one example among many.

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
… and Ford fiddles while weight loss burns

leftywayn

Past Mustangs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda3
Negative don't feed the rumor mill Road & Track has no more information then anyone else. Anyone can say they have an inside man. Take...A...Breath and go read or talk about something else. The Mustang weight gain rumor discussion is just beating a dead horse. Let the horse be[Ignore repost sign]:repost::repost::repost::repost:

In this case the truth hurts, for me as well.

I do hope all of this is BS, but it seems unlikely.

Sponsored

scottpe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT 6MT w/ Brembos
I...cannot...believe...we...are...doing...this...again.

Seriously? I'm as much a glutton for punishment as anyone around here, but this is ridiculous. Rumors shmoomors. Get back to me when Ford announces something. I am DONE with this debate until then. I spent way too much energy helping debunk the last one.

5.0 Coyote

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score

I do not see the car gaining so much weight. They didn't add that much. For instance - it's not like they threw a second set of brakes on the car just different calipers and pad and disc compound. People talk like these changes add 50 pounds and it's only really at most 5. Just one example among many.[/QUOTE]

How do you know what they added or didn't add, No one has had a chance to sit in it or drive it,much less what they changed or how they built it,the only thing you know for sure is MORE $$$$$$$ MORE weight, and you don"t know HP, Now what do you see.:shrug:

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Negative don't feed the rumor mill Road & Track has no more information then anyone else. Anyone can say they have an inside man. Take...A...Breath and go read or talk about something else. The Mustang weight gain rumor discussion is just beating a dead horse.
I...cannot...believe...we...are...doing...this...again.

Seriously? I'm as much a glutton for punishment as anyone around here, but this is ridiculous. Rumors shmoomors. Get back to me when Ford announces something. I am DONE with this debate until then. I spent way too much energy helping debunk the last one.

But guys, Ford is literally digging themselves into a hole by not announcing the full specs! :rolleyes:

I agree with the two of you. Everyone here needs to calm down and wait for the official numbers to come through. It's like everyone thinks that Ford will never come through with an announcement.

The funny (or sad, depending on how you look at it) thing is that Ford hasn't made any statements at ALL so far. No hint at big weight savings, no hint and big weight gains, nothing. These are just self-fed rumors going through vicious cycles, and everyone's getting up in arms about artificial claims.

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
But guys, Ford is literally digging themselves into a hole by not announcing the full specs! :rolleyes:

I agree with the two of you. Everyone here needs to calm down and wait for the official numbers to come through. It's like everyone thinks that Ford will never come through with an announcement.

The funny (or sad, depending on how you look at it) thing is that Ford hasn't made any statements at ALL so far. No hint at big weight savings, no hint and big weight gains, nothing. These are just self-fed rumors going through vicious cycles, and everyone's getting up in arms about artificial claims.
The sad truth of it is they aren't in a hole. Look at all of us that pre ordered some of us [Me] even ordered a Limited Edition with no pricing and minimal info of options. At that time people were saying the L.E. would cost $50-55k starting plus markup ontop. All 500 EU orders were filled in 30secs. To them they know that the only thing a rumor will do is cause turmoil with the doom and gloomers. All our orders are still there and I'm sure no one backed out. As Ralph Gilles of SRT would say "Stay Tuned!?!?....?!?"

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
As Ralph Gilles of SRT would say "Stay Tuned!?!?....?!?"
That is what Ford needs to avoid at all costs. Turning it into a running joke. I can hear the Chevy/GM/Camaro owners snickering and laughing all the way over here.
Sponsored