Right tailpipe noise

Steve8989

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT-CS
Just bought a used 2016 GT/CS 27k miles. Just bought and added a PMAS high velocity cold air intake and J&L catch cans. Prior to adding there was no noise [ can only describe it as either a low sputtering noise at low rpms or almost like if you put a base ball card in your bike tire as a kid, that noise ]. Is this just crap that was in their prior and now with more airflow it's getting cleaned out or? Just used some STP then filled up from empty with e93 hoping it clears up. But thoughts on what it could be.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Steve8989

Steve8989

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT-CS
Just bought a used 2016 GT/CS 27k miles. Just bought and added a PMAS high velocity cold air intake and J&L catch cans. Prior to adding there was no noise [ can only describe it as either a low sputtering noise at low rpms or almost like if you put a base ball card in your bike tire as a kid, that noise ]. Is this just crap that was in their prior and now with more airflow it's getting cleaned out or? Just used some STP then filled up from empty with e93 hoping it clears up. But thoughts on what it could be.
Usually that's the sound of a misfire
Even with no lose of power/accelerating. I did get 3x year warranty package on the car with gap and rims if it continues past the weekend I'll drop it off at the Ford dealership.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Even with no lose of power/accelerating. I did get 3x year warranty package on the car with gap and rims if it continues past the weekend I'll drop it off at the Ford dealership.
Try putting the stock intake back on and see if it goes away