Sponsored

Review: Powerstop "Track Day" Pads (with Dedicated Rotors)

Caballito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Base
The track pads are fine on the street - they will squeak randomly but usually rarely. They dust like crazy, though, and the dust faded the finish of my RAYS wheels (which were satin black).
Hey man thanx for the response, so yea i think am gonna go that way just slap thr track pads and rotors soon cuz my stockers are shot. I dont daily drove my car so i dont mind the random squeak and the dust but since ur here i did want to ask how good
Are they at the track compared to stock brakes fyi i have the base 4pot brakes on my car
Sponsored

o-man

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oscar
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt
Depends on how heavy braking your local track has. I've used them at Virginia International Raceway. There are two heavy brake zones from speeds of 130+mph. Did get a little fade but for $110 pads, they are not bad. I also have a base GT so I have the so called crappy 4 piston set up, which in my 25 years of hpde's, are no where near as bad as claimed by most everyone on this forum

sonicc

Mr. Bond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Just wanted to include my experience for others considering these pads: everything that has been said so far is spot on
- great performance
- great cold bite
- great price
- no fade even when pushed (in my experience)
- they do dust a lot and can embed into wheel finish; very important to clean your wheels after track day
- they do wear out rotors if daily driven (most likely has to do with cold pad being so hard)

In regards to the dust, I personally would not run these pads with expensive wheels if you care about the finish. I went to Tail of The Dragon last year and after 6-7hr cruise my silver PP wheels were pretty much gun metal finish. Wasn't able to wash the wheels that day so I did it the next day, then I realized brake dust has embedded or caked up in the corners of spokes and wasn't coming off with nothing other than sand paper. Not a huge deal to me because I plan on repainting these wheels anyway, but I was surprised.

With that said, I just put in a 2nd set of Track Day pads last week with new rotors.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Just wanted to include my experience for others considering these pads: everything that has been said so far is spot on
- great performance
- great cold bite
- great price
- no fade even when pushed (in my experience)
- they do dust a lot and can embed into wheel finish; very important to clean your wheels after track day
- they do wear out rotors if daily driven (most likely has to do with cold pad being so hard)

In regards to the dust, I personally would not run these pads with expensive wheels if you care about the finish. I went to Tail of The Dragon last year and after 6-7hr cruise my silver PP wheels were pretty much gun metal finish. Wasn't able to wash the wheels that day so I did it the next day, then I realized brake dust has embedded or caked up in the corners of spokes and wasn't coming off with nothing other than sand paper. Not a huge deal to me because I plan on repainting these wheels anyway, but I was surprised.

With that said, I just put in a 2nd set of Track Day pads last week with new rotors.
I'd agree with all of that.

o-man

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oscar
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt
I must've gotten lucky with mine. Car sat for two weeks after a rainy HPDE. All the dust came off the sides of car and wheels with no issues.
Sponsored