Resonators for Corsa Xtreme + Headers

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby GT PP 10A w/ Magride, Recaros
Thinking about joining the too loud crowd, and adding headers to my corsa xtreme. I want the benefits of flow & power, and some volume increase, but most videos sound way too loud and tinny. I plan on 200 cell cats, and resonators of some description (not chasing every last horse).

After trawling the threads on here, I'm looking for some advice on how significant the volume reduction is with adding either bullets or vibrant resonators. Will the 12" vibrant resonators reduce the volume too much?
Sponsored

Fredboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Camaro Super Sport
Those resonators don't reduce volume much at all, but they do clean up the sound.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I just added catted ARH headers to my Corsa Sports and it's perfect. Gets real mean when I really get on it, but otherwise it's very manageable. Cold starts are pretty brutal still. I can't imagine going any louder.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Adding [MENTION=15379]MikeyPee[/MENTION]

Sponsored

MikeyPee

dissmember
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 IS Premium GT w/PP
Those resonators don't reduce volume much at all, but they do clean up the sound.
+1

Eliminates rasp, but your neighbors will still hate you

OP
OP
msweet

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
+1

Eliminates rasp, but your neighbors will still hate you
Ha! I read your cold start thread ages ago, but for the life of me couldn't find it

Right, so it didn't help volume at all?

Cold starts aren't that much of an issue, I built myself DIY (slip on) mufflers just for that reason. They reduce the catback to around stock level volume. If I have to beef them up, that's ok.

Just don't want to get pulled over every two seconds, or have a system that sounds like shit

OP
OP
msweet

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=15379]MikeyPee[/MENTION] just read your thread where you installed the resonators, that was the one I'd been searching for.

Did you ever get around to making a video? Also in there you said that you think it's just louder than the Xtreme catback alone, has that opinion changed?

yote41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
i added dynomax bullets to mine right at the bottleneck making it full 3" it did not make it much quieter but it did clean up the sound. made it deeper and got rid of 80% of rasp.

without resonators

with bullets

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Ha! I read your cold start thread ages ago, but for the life of me couldn't find it

Cold starts aren't that much of an issue, I built myself DIY (slip on) mufflers just for that reason. They reduce the catback to around stock level volume. If I have to beef them up, that's ok.

Just don't want to get pulled over every two seconds, or have a system that sounds like shit
Can you show me what you did?

Sponsored
OP
OP
msweet

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=10281]BmacIL[/MENTION] https://flickr.com/photos/145261781@N02/sets/72157673240998454

If I have to leave for a cruise early etc, I slip them over the exhaust tip, start the car and wait for idle to drop, then take them off and drive away. If it looks stupid, but it works, it ain’t stupid lol. Cost me like 50 Aussie and an hours time, everything straight from the hardware store

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=10281]BmacIL[/MENTION] https://flickr.com/photos/145261781@N02/sets/72157673240998454

If I have to leave for a cruise early etc, I slip them over the exhaust tip, start the car and wait for idle to drop, then take them off and drive away. If it looks stupid, but it works, it ain’t stupid lol. Cost me like 50 Aussie and an hours time, everything straight from the hardware store
Are they closed off at the end or open? Thanks.

OP
OP
msweet

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Are they closed off at the end or open? Thanks.
Open at the end, with holes drilled into those foam plugs so some exhaust gas can get through

MikeyPee

dissmember
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 IS Premium GT w/PP

No impact on volume, that I could tell.

[MENTION=15379]MikeyPee[/MENTION] just read your thread where you installed the resonators, that was the one I'd been searching for.

Did you ever get around to making a video? Also in there you said that you think it's just louder than the Xtreme catback alone, has that opinion changed?
No video, but it definitely isn’t louder with the resonators installed. I like the “cleaner” characterization. Trust me brutha; I didn’t wanna weld anything into my Corsa system at first, but I would do it again in a heartbeat

gsperaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
I just installed a set of kooks LT's with an H-pipe and borla S-type muffler and it was too dang loud and raspy for my taste. I added the magnaflow tru-x resonated x-pipe, this removes that raspy sound and quiets it down a good bit. Just a little quieter then the stock headers, H-pipe and borla stingers. Pricey,,,,I got it through CJPP on BF-sale 199.00
Sponsored