Sponsored

Requesting Recommendation for a Tint Job in the GTA

Zeenobit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black Mustang 3.7L V6
I'm considering tinting my V6. But I've never done a tint on any of my cars before. I was wondering if anyone here has any recommendations in the GTA for where I should go.

I see a lot of terrible tint jobs on the roads, which is mainly why I never did it. So I really want a quality job.
Sponsored

Mirko03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mirko
Vehicle(s)
15' Mustang GT
I'm considering tinting my V6. But I've never done a tint on any of my cars before. I was wondering if anyone here has any recommendations in the GTA for where I should go.

I see a lot of terrible tint jobs on the roads, which is mainly why I never did it. So I really want a quality job.
There are lots of good shops that will do an amazing job, just depends where you are located and how far you are willing to go.

OP
OP

Zeenobit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There are lots of good shops that will do an amazing job, just depends where you are located and how far you are willing to go.
Anywhere near Vaughan, Markham, or Toronto is ok for me.

Mirko03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mirko
Vehicle(s)
15' Mustang GT
Anywhere near Vaughan, Markham, or Toronto is ok for me.
Than I would definitely recommend that you check out Wrap iD in Markham, possibly one of the best tint/wrap shops out there.

www.wrap-id.ca

Stripes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15GT 401a + Roush AB, MRT H-Pipe
Auto-links is one of the best places you can go to, hands down.

Do a quick google search for Auto-Links. There's a reason they only book appointments 2 weeks in advance (approx.).

They're located in Toronto, they do Pinnacle F1 Ceramic tints.

Another one is Lazer Tint in Woodbridge. Again, ceramic there as well.

In Mississauga (west end), Pure Auto and Legere Graphics are reputable ones as well.

Sponsored

opensesame

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Oxford Ecobeast with PP
I got my tints done at auto-links. They use top of the line Formula 1 Pinnacle Ceramic Tint. Mine is 15% all around, and its much lighter than normal 15%. Comes with a life time warranty, no bubbles, no color fade, does not affect radio or GPS signals and rejects sun heat and protects your interior. Lazer tint in woodbridge also use Formula 1 but their prices are higher. Highly recommended!!

Here are some pics.

Outside.

Underground.

Outside, rear shot

opensesame

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)

Stripes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There isn't a legal limit, rather, what you can get away with in your region. From my experience, 15-20 is okay, however if a cop pulls you for 30 over, you can pretty much expect a tint ticket as well tacked on.

30%+ is a lot lighter and can be considered the "safe zone".

OP
OP

Zeenobit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don't think I'd want anything darker than 15%. The car's already black. Too dark of a tint makes it way too black.

@opensesame, But on a white body, that black tint looks amazing. Nice choice, dude. :thumbsup:

I think I'll check out Auto Links. Seems like a lot of people are happy with them. If anyone knows other places, feel free to share.

Sponsored

lltrigg3rzonell

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium | Race Red
Make sure you find a shop that machine cuts the tint.

I got mine done from the dealership and they scratched my window. Inspect every window after you get it done.

I got 35% all the way around which is the darkest you can go legally. I already got a bright red car and I didn't want that headache in the future.

opensesame

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
At the meet there was a guy who got his tints done for "cheaper". Bubbles all over and looked horrible. When it comes to tints. Trust me it's worth the extra money to go for top of the line quality and shop. Highly recommend auto links.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP

Zeenobit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Make sure you find a shop that machine cuts the tint.

I got mine done from the dealership and they scratched my window. Inspect every window after you get it done.

I got 35% all the way around which is the darkest you can go legally. I already got a bright red car and I didn't want that headache in the future.
Not sure how computer cutting helps with scratches. Do they cut the film according to vehicle specifications outside the car?

At the meet there was a guy who got his tints done for "cheaper". Bubbles all over and looked horrible. When it comes to tints. Trust me it's worth the extra money to go for top of the line quality and shop. Highly recommend auto links.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yup. Agreed 100%. Already trying to get a quote from Auto Links.

Also, does anyone have any experience on tints on a leased car?

Stripes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The film is pre-cut on pre-cut on a plotter. It saves them from bringing a knife to your interior/glass. It works fairly well, all things considered.

Auto-links has a solid reputation for their work.

I got a quote for $325 for window tints (30% F1 Pinnacle Ceramic), let me know if you get anything lower.. if you do, then it's obvious they're price discriminating, and I'll go elsewhere.

I'm also considering doing a clear bra there as well. The quote I got was ~$1150 for a quarter-hood, full bumper, partial fenders, and the 30% ceramic. I know they're closed Monday/Tuesday. I know they're booking 2 weeks in advance as well (I tried to get an appointment for the 18th, they were full).

I'm having trouble finding someone to do the full clear bra for the GT (mainly because of the hood vents). The only other shop I found was one in Mississauga looking for $1300 cash.

lltrigg3rzonell

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium | Race Red
If they don't use a machine to cut the tint. They will have to hand cut it with a blade outside. Pic attached is what happened to my car.

Sponsored