Sponsored

Removal of Resonators off Non-R

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I believe you can toggle which driving mode you are in via the wheel,so you can go from normal to sport to toggle the exhaust.

Annoying I agree, if someone makes an independent switch I will be all over it
Sponsored

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
There are GT350-specific controls on the steering wheel as well. I'll look for a photo.
I must be blind... can any of you guys see it on the steering wheel controls? :headbonk:

Toodles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Terminated Cobra
I think I read somewhere if you go into "sport, track or drag" mode the exhaust automatically opens up.

2011gt350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt350
Wonder if a muffler delete would work with keeping the resonators. Might sound brutally loud...not sure if that would throw any codes..

Sponsored

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Wonder if a muffler delete would work with keeping the resonators. Might sound brutally loud...not sure if that would throw any codes..

Anything after the cats will have no effect on the PCM. Yes it would be brutally loud and raspy with no mufflers.

Toodles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Terminated Cobra
I think the valves are in the muffler...so you'd be deleting those... Could maybe throw a code?

fuhrius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R, Focus RS, Raptor

Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I think the valves are in the muffler...so you'd be deleting those... Could maybe throw a code?
It is very possible. The C6 and C7 both will throw a code if you physically disconnect NPP system. If you pull the fuse, it won't know any better.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
They are in muffler right at the exit..in one of the videos you can see the flaps open. In normal mode 1 side on each muffler is open..then you can see the flap open on the other side when they are actuated.

AMpowerJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Ordering ...
My only regret in ordering the GT350 with the track pack is the lack of the nice radio/climate stack and the toggle switches. I really don't understand that move by Ford. They could at least keep the toggle switches consistent.

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Oxford White Mach 1 Handling Pack
My only regret in ordering the GT350 with the track pack is the lack of the nice radio/climate stack and the toggle switches. I really don't understand that move by Ford. They could at least keep the toggle switches consistent.
That's why I'm hoping I can make an R happen for 2017. Is there a place that shows an up close look at the different radio/climate stack? I wish iDatalink would get something out for the S550 with those Kenwood decks. I'd go aftermarket for that if I had to. I'd definitely go with track pack though instead of electronics on non-R as I plan to be at the track more in the coming years.

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
^Same here. I'm a fan of the techie features too but not enough for me to warrant sacrificing it over the Track package and Recaro seats. The bummer was Ford not allowing the combo pkgs on a non-R especially considering the R was slated for very limited production numbers from the get go.
Sponsored