Sponsored

Reliable Shipping

STFUdonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350 AG
Forgive me for resurrecting this thread, but could use some advice on shipping. I've got a deposit down on a 2017 pre owned and flying up to Salt Lake from Phoenix today to inspect the car and sign for it if all is good. Shipping is starting to frustrate me as intercity and reliable both mentioned the route being North to South is hard to fit and could take upwards of 2-4 weeks to ship. Horseless is coming in close to $2000 for a 600 mile drive. I have a quote from DIY shipping for $875 enclosed but I'm reading mixed reviews on their services.

The dealership I'm buying from said they'd get it on an open trailer of theirs that is fully insured for $500 and could likely be shipped within a few days. Not wild about it but it's a short trip and weather generally is good this time of year. If I did that I would ensure a top deck spot for the car as it seems that's the area with least risk of damage. I do however worry about the cars low clearance attributes and if the open trailer shipping could present an issues there.

With that said, would you guys go with DIY enclosed or go with the dealerships open trailer? Thanks for any input!
Sponsored

OP
OP
altjx

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Forgive me for resurrecting this thread, but could use some advice on shipping. I've got a deposit down on a 2017 pre owned and flying up to Salt Lake from Phoenix today to inspect the car and sign for it if all is good. Shipping is starting to frustrate me as intercity and reliable both mentioned the route being North to South is hard to fit and could take upwards of 2-4 weeks to ship. Horseless is coming in close to $2000 for a 600 mile drive. I have a quote from DIY shipping for $875 enclosed but I'm reading mixed reviews on their services.

The dealership I'm buying from said they'd get it on an open trailer of theirs that is fully insured for $500 and could likely be shipped within a few days. Not wild about it but it's a short trip and weather generally is good this time of year. If I did that I would ensure a top deck spot for the car as it seems that's the area with least risk of damage. I do however worry about the cars low clearance attributes and if the open trailer shipping could present an issues there.

With that said, would you guys go with DIY enclosed or go with the dealerships open trailer? Thanks for any input!
Honestly, I had booked a trip through Intercity and after I realized the car wasn't going to be here for 2-3 weeks, I canceled my order and seeked other options. Although some people here may be against it, I actually had Ford recommend me a guy that they used frequently for shipping. They shipped it in an enclosed trailer and the guy had no problems loading/unloading the car even with the spoiler installed. I watched him do it.

Car came in perfect condition and only took 5 days. I would probably still be waiting right now if I had gone through Intercity or one of these other larger companies. I just couldn't imagine paying my first car note and not even having the car.

Zcobra1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bert
Vehicle(s)
GT350, Ferrari 360, Viper GTS, C6-Z06, 70'Trans Am
I just got a quote from Plycar, enclosed, used them before. Try them.
$500 more that a open carrier through a broker....worth every penny.

Salt Lake to AZ. .....any reason to not drive that ? I would unless time constraints.
If worried about fen' up the front end, slap some RV temp clear bra on it.
Cheap, peel off when you get home.

If you do ship, make sure you take a fob with you and give driver only
one, if he loses it, you can get car off.

STFUdonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350 AG
I just got a quote from Plycar, enclosed, used them before. Try them.
$500 more that a open carrier through a broker....worth every penny.

Salt Lake to AZ. .....any reason to not drive that ? I would unless time constraints.
If worried about fen' up the front end, slap some RV temp clear bra on it.
Cheap, peel off when you get home.

If you do ship, make sure you take a fob with you and give driver only
one, if he loses it, you can get car off.
I'll give them a look today, thank you! I have a 3 week old at home so the drive would kill a full day away from groping the wife and being home with the little guy. I just had a friend of mine go do a solid look over of the car and test drove it for me. He has offered to drive it down for me or meet me half way in Vegas which is much more reasonable. I'll look into the temp clear bra idea if we decide to do the drive. Papers are being overnighted to me now. Hopefully I'll be ready to bring her home by Saturday. Can't f'ing wait!

Thanks!

JonS

JonS
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Ruby Red - When the weather is nice
Honestly, I had booked a trip through Intercity and after I realized the car wasn't going to be here for 2-3 weeks, I canceled my order and seeked other options. Although some people here may be against it, I actually had Ford recommend me a guy that they used frequently for shipping. They shipped it in an enclosed trailer and the guy had no problems loading/unloading the car even with the spoiler installed. I watched him do it.

Car came in perfect condition and only took 5 days. I would probably still be waiting right now if I had gone through Intercity or one of these other larger companies. I just couldn't imagine paying my first car note and not even having the car.
I want to ship my 17 350 without having to take the spoiler off if possible. Has anyone done this with intercity?

Thanks

Sponsored

jefc73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff GTFO_0019
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I used Reliable auto carriers. They did a great job with my R. :thumbsup:
25240 (002).jpeg

jefc73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff GTFO_0019
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
The front splitter was wrapped in plastic from the factory in the front seat footwell area.

JonS

JonS
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
The front splitter was wrapped in plastic from the factory in the front seat footwell area.
Ah... Thanks, I am looking get some information from people that have shipped the car after the splitter has been installed. We are moving to the southwest where I will be better able to enjoy the car.

jefc73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff GTFO_0019
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
the thin wrapped piece slanted in the passenger seat area.
IMG_1194 (002).JPG
25242 (002).jpeg
25244 (002).jpeg

Sponsored

NTB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' GT350 Fathouse Twin Turbo, 21' GT500
I want to ship my 17 350 without having to take the spoiler off if possible. Has anyone done this with intercity?

Thanks
I shipped with Reliable with the splitter installed, no issues.

Tom

JonS

JonS
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
I shipped with Reliable with the splitter installed, no issues.

Tom
One quick follow up. When I did a search on Reliable Auto Transport I go a lot of hits, but none with that exact name. Is this the one https://www.reliablecarriers.com/

If not, contact information would be appreciated.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Also, using services from like Intercity, if there's an issue like a scratch or something on the car, who would you deal with for that?
Why not get a roll of trakk tape and tape the daylights out of it?

http://www.trakktape.com
Sponsored