Recommendation for Stainless Steel Brake Lines for Track Use

Jstang23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Eruption Green
Well, I'm a dummy. It was definitely upside down as you suggested. Not sure why I completely missed that, but I'm assuming it's because the hose actually routes so much nicer and tighter to the body the way I had it. The recent post about the hose rubbing through on the tire makes complete sense now. I had my old rubber hose secured to the metal line with a cable tie to ensure that it wouldn't rub, but trying to do that with this stainless line is going to put the hose in a weird bind/twist. Not sure how I'm going to keep it off the tire now, but at least now I have it as intended. Thanks for the suggestion and making me think it through.
Glad we got it figured out!! I don't have a picture of my rears, only my front. But I checked with my hand and I have about 2-3 inches of clearance between the line and the tire. I will try to get a picture to see what mine looks like :like:
Sponsored

S550_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
The 4 pots are very good the problem is the stock rotors. If you upgrade to 2 piece rotors and add some cooling air you are fine tracking with them.

Ford secretly replaced the inverted hat rotors on the 4 pot brakes....here's a link to the write up

https://www.opmustang.com/blog#/