Sponsored

Recall and Immediate Stop Sale on 8,026 GT350 and GT350R Models: Engine Oil Cooler

Rbrnck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
So have you confirmed the source of the leak to be the cooler line fittings mentioned in our recall letters? I keep postponing this repair. I just can't stop driving in this great weather. My goal is to install the drive train coolers, oil cooler lines, OPG, and a MGW shifter all in one weekend. Next year.......:help:
I wasn't able to but the dealer said it was the cooler line. They also said the cooler itself was cracked and leaking so they replaced it as well.
Sponsored

rb92gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Cooled Tech
Has anyone experienced a burning smell or excessive thick exhaust resulting from this problem? Quick history, bought this 2017 GT350 mid-december and it has 6.2 miles on it. Has never been driven on the road (live in the North, too much sand/salt for now) and the engine has only been run a limited amount of time. I quickly started the engine last night to access the entertainment center to play with a few functions and after about 30 seconds a strong smell was coming from the engine bay and then I noticed an increase in exhaust being produced. If anyone has any ideas PLEASE HELP

--------------
Chris, 2017GT350_CT
2017 Shelby GT350
Portland, Maine
Chris, with only 6.2 miles, lol, I'm sure everything is fine. It will run a bit rich in the beginning and you will smell burning from new exhaust metal being broken in. Take a quick peak under the hood to make sure you see no wet oil anywhere just in case. Focus on the driver side of the car towards the front where the two oil cooler lines are, and look at the exhaust headers to make sure they look dry.

unixadm

H1711
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Has anyone experienced a burning smell or excessive thick exhaust resulting from this problem? Quick history, bought this 2017 GT350 mid-december and it has 6.2 miles on it. Has never been driven on the road (live in the North, too much sand/salt for now) and the engine has only been run a limited amount of time. I quickly started the engine last night to access the entertainment center to play with a few functions and after about 30 seconds a strong smell was coming from the engine bay and then I noticed an increase in exhaust being produced. If anyone has any ideas PLEASE HELP

--------------
Chris, 2017GT350_CT
2017 Shelby GT350
Portland, Maine
Same as the poster above. Unless it's putting out black smoke, it's fine. I have 130 miles on my 17 GT350 now and it still smells like its burning when I come to a stop. It also runs pretty rich on a cold start.

Did you check your VIN on Ford's site to see if it's impacted by the recall?

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible

--------------
Chris, 2017GT350_CT
2017 Shelby GT350
Portland, Maine
Whats with the dupe?

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73432

2017GT350_CT

2017 GT350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
207 Shelby GT350
Same as the poster above. Unless it's putting out black smoke, it's fine. I have 130 miles on my 17 GT350 now and it still smells like its burning when I come to a stop. It also runs pretty rich on a cold start.

Did you check your VIN on Ford's site to see if it's impacted by the recall?
The VIN comes up as negative on the site. Assuming the car was built after September

Sponsored

Rainier42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Performance Blue GT350R
Any update on when a fix might be available? Trying to plan my early Spring track season and can't at this point.

AGGT350

AG Tech Black OTT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AG2016
Any update on when a fix might be available? Trying to plan my early Spring track season and can't at this point.
I got my oil changed at the dealer a couple of weeks ago and they also have no idea. :shrug:

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
So have you confirmed the source of the leak to be the cooler line fittings mentioned in our recall letters? I keep postponing this repair. I just can't stop driving in this great weather. My goal is to install the drive train coolers, oil cooler lines, OPG, and a MGW shifter all in one weekend. Next year.......:help:
If you can install all of that in one weekend you're a bad ass. You have to drop the K member or lift the engine to swap the OPG

flyboygsxr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Quick question, and sorry if this has already been asked. Do you have to pull the front facia to do the recall or can it be done from the underside of the car?

Spacebird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R
My two cents: just drive it. Track the shit out of it. The odds that it will fail are small. The odds that you regret missing a track day are large.

Sponsored

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Regretting that you took it to a track event and the hose blows. Huge! I'm so disappointed in fords handling of this.

Wyldfyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
I REALLY thought we'd have people getting their cars fixed by now. Wow.

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
First quarter of 17 is a 90 day time frame.... were only 23 or so days in.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
First quarter of 17 is a 90 day time frame.... were only 23 or so days in.
23 days? I received my letter in October and still nothing.

Spacebird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R
23 days? I received my letter in October and still nothing.
Ford said they'd address it in Q1 2017. There's still two months left according to their schedule.
Sponsored