Sponsored

Rear thud after 1/4 mile runs

FrancoP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP, 2017 SRT Challenger
After installing diff bushing inserts and subframe bushings I noticed some clunking in the rear end I figured this was drive shaft slop and I was just hearing it now after the bushings being installed... After 2 days at the track about 8 passes there is a noticeable thud from the back it is most noticeable while rolling if I'm costing in gear off the gas and every time I get back on the gas there is a thud almost as if something is shifting on and off the power. Anyone have any ideas what this could be ?
Sponsored

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I found that thud/clunk without even doing the 1/4 passes. Removed diff inserts, all gone.

OP
OP
FrancoP

FrancoP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes I'm not worried the drive shaft slop noise this is something else that seems to be shifting in the rear

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Yes I'm not worried the drive shaft slop noise this is something else that seems to be shifting in the rear
Does the list of mods in your signature cover ALL of the parts under the rear?

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
Have someone get in the car. You look underneath as they have the e brake pulled up hard.....and they try to take off lightly. Watch for excessive diff movement.

Could be a damaged diff bolts causing the diff to rotate too much. Or the bolts could have worked loose.

Sponsored

OP
OP
FrancoP

FrancoP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Have someone get in the car. You look underneath as they have the e brake pulled up hard.....and they try to take off lightly. Watch for excessive diff movement.

Could be a damaged diff bolts causing the diff to rotate too much. Or the bolts could have worked loose.
Ya that is one of the first things I thought I'm going to get under the car this week it's nice to here from others to have a few things to look for

OP
OP
FrancoP

FrancoP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)